Talk

Advanced search

Light hearted book recommendations please!

(6 Posts)
WellieWanger Tue 14-Mar-17 17:57:24

Thank you hellokitty. I will have a look at that tonight. No worries about it being seasonal!
My plan is to order lots on DHs amazon tonight 😊 Not heard of Mhiari Macfarlane but will look for her too. Thank you ladies.

OP’s posts: |
TipTop333 Tue 14-Mar-17 14:42:33

Have you tried Mhiari Macfarlane?

hellokittymania Tue 14-Mar-17 14:33:07

If you go on YouTube and look for the WH Smith book club they usually have some pretty good stuff and a good variety. There was a book I read at Christmas called the 12 days of Christmas. I know it is March but it is a very heartwarming story and an easy Book to read. Unfortunately I read many books but can never remember the titles. Ha ha ha

WellieWanger Tue 14-Mar-17 14:26:35

Excellent. I actually may have read one of hers. Had forgotten about it! That's definitely the genre I am wanting-easy. Will get on amazon now 😀😀

dontpokethebear Tue 14-Mar-17 14:15:05

If you like those authors, you might like Jill Mansell. She's my go to if I want something a little less cerebral and easy going, that I can pick up and put down without losing the plot.

WellieWanger Tue 14-Mar-17 14:05:22

I am on a Facebook break and am also pregnant and unwell. This means I have lots of time to spare! I used to love reading but have only read one book in full since before DC1 arrived, four years ago 😞 Would love to use this time to immerse myself in some candy floss literature. Can anyone recommend anything? I love Marian Keyes, some Sophie Kinsella. Anything along these lines? Thanks! Also, so excited to buy a real life book and not download something on the kindle that I never get round to finishing.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in