Talk

Advanced search

Anyone tried a personal trainer?

(3 Posts)
bacon Thu 10-Sep-09 21:51:19

I see that there is a lady who runs buggy fit also does personal training. Hubby is happy to spend the money as long my figure goes below size 14 again as now bouncing between 18-20 and smallish frame with small boobs. I have an awful figure my boobs are flat but my tummy sticks out like a 5 month pregy lady.

I can no longer find clothes....this is no good!!!

Surely everyone has different needs hence would a personal trainer be able to help me out and start the ball rolling with this terrible body.

nevergoogledragonbutter Thu 10-Sep-09 21:57:24

I used to be one, once upon a time.
I'd pay for it, if they were any good.

The great thing is that they should be able to keep you moving through a workout programme and do all the thinking bits so you get more done in less time.
You cut out the ....hmm i wonder what weight i should be lifting, hmmm, what did i do last time, now did i just do 10 or 11 reps, ah crap i can't remember, i think i'll go for a shower.
I used to fit in a good passive stretch for my clients too, which is such a treat.

If the money is there, i'd do it.

2bayumimum Fri 11-Sep-09 12:35:15

I used a personal trainer from Feb this year, when I was a size 14, until mid August and am now a size 8-10, having lost 2.5 stone.

It really worked for me, as I had someone helping me both with the sort of foods I should be eating, the type and amount of exercise I had to do and a weekly weigh in - all were hugely motivating. I "only" wanted to get to a size 12, but found that with all the toning that happened as a result of the exercise, I got to a size 10 relatively easily and now a size 8 in a number of outfits.

Although the trainer obviously cost money, I found I also saved money by eating less, drinking less and not having so many food related treats. Although the overall expenditure has increased,due to having to buy a whole new wardrobe - but hey, that is a great problem to have :-)

Go for it, you won't regret it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now