What's going on? Body holding onto fat before flush?!

(3 Posts)
Spodge Wed 08-Jan-20 17:14:55

My understanding of the flush effect is that it is as a result of exercise. Basically your muscles hang on to extra water to conduct repairs and then flush out what they don't need. I have no idea if the sudden switch to healthy eating would exacerbate that effect. There's some stuff on the MyFitnessPal discussion forum about this.

sleepraptor Fri 03-Jan-20 20:21:00

Bump

OP’s posts: |
sleepraptor Thu 02-Jan-20 08:14:46

I'm usually quite healthy but have had a pretty unhealthy few months and have put on half a stone. After a crazy drinking / eating / late night couple of weeks I have started eating very clean again from Boxing Day. No sugar, very little gluten, no alcohol, 3 healthy meals a day. Lot of exercise (but that's not unusual). The sort of eating I do when I put on a few pounds to get me back down again. But I haven't lost anything and have actually put on a couple of pounds! It's been a week now. I am on day 2 of period so could be something to do with that but I don't think I usually put on weight with my period.

I'm sure I have read something that said when you start eating healthy your fat cells hold on to the fat for a short while before doing a "flush". Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about with this and any link to a discussion on this?

Very disheartening when there's tons of chocolate everywhere that I'm not eating!

Thanks.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in