Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to think I won't get loose skin?

(3 Posts)
Paintmynails Mon 14-Oct-19 20:29:49

I'm 5"5, I was 10 stone 12, now down to 9 stone 11. I'd like to get down to 9 stone eventually but I'm taking it very very slowly. I'm losing around 1lbs every two weeks. I haven't changed my diet drastically I've just cut right back on junk food and started exercising, so the weight is coming off slowly.

I was told by somebody today that if I lose anymore I'll end up with loose skin. I think that this is ridiculous.

Perid0t Thu 31-Oct-19 11:19:06

Everyone has different skin. I have very poor skin tone and have loose skin from losing a small amount of weight. Others I know have been a 16 and gone to a 6 and had none.

ChocOrCheese Thu 31-Oct-19 17:27:45

A slow rate of loss makes it less likely you will end up with loose skin (and I have heard that some people find their skin tightens up, but it can take longer than losing the weight). Your skin elasticity will make a difference and if you are worried then moisturise assiduously. Also, frankly, I would rather have loose skin if it was necessary to have a healthy body. Well done on the weight loss.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »