Talk

Advanced search

Family weight loss / healthier eating

(3 Posts)
eightytwenty Sat 03-Aug-19 17:00:11

Has anyone tackled weight loss as a family (kids are teens and tweens)? We could all do with eating less sugar, fewer carbs and losing varying amounts of weight. Don’t want to put the kids on a diet but would love to try and turn around bad habits (mine included) into better ones. One child is very active and on the whole has better self control. The other children and I are sugar obsessed and with little self control. DH is pretty moderate apart from drinking too much. Open to all suggestions!

OP’s posts: |
Ricekrispie22 Sun 04-Aug-19 08:56:31

Don’t have the temptation in the house.
Avoid taking them into any shop which has sweets!
If they ask for an ice cream while out, offer to get them a magazine instead.

eightytwenty Sun 04-Aug-19 18:48:48

Thanks. We’re mostly good about not in the house but can probably remove further temptation. We normally have bars for pack lunches but suspect they are being eaten in multiple quantities. Cereal also gets eaten outside our breakfast time. The tweet and eldest tween are growing and I’ve noticed an appetite surge from both. The eldest started gaining weight in combination with his growth spurt. Both have allowances so I have limited control in what they spend their money on. I do monitor go Henry spending and a review of that cut down on visible trips to Sainsburys. I don’t know however if the trips still happen with cash purchases.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in