Talk

Advanced search

What would you think of a 33-27-35 figure?

(24 Posts)
Fattytumtum Sat 15-Jun-19 08:55:07

Hi mumsnetters,

Just that really- what do you think of a 33-27-35 figure (that is bust, waist, hips) with slim legs and average height (5ft5).

Is it slim, normal, large, attractive, unattractive etc.?

Just interested in getting a perspective that’s not my brain!

Thanks in advance flowers

OP’s posts: |
BillywilliamV Sat 15-Jun-19 08:57:52

Sounds fine, but you really don’t need validation by strangers, do you?

RiftGibbon Sat 15-Jun-19 08:58:43

Hourglass?
I don't really know. I'd notice if someone was hugely over- or underweight, or particularly tall or short. Beyond that it really doesn't register.

mabelmylove Sat 15-Jun-19 08:59:58

Doubt I’d think anything

PestyMachtubernahme Sat 15-Jun-19 09:01:55

Probably fairly normal.

The real questions are
Are you fit, healthy and reasonable toned?
Are you happy with your body?

Fattytumtum Sat 15-Jun-19 09:46:49

@BillywilliamV it’s nit validation, it’s as I’ve had an ED in past so am unable to know whether the measurements are good or too big etc.

FilledSoda Sat 15-Jun-19 09:46:50

Sounds perfectly normal .
It's how you feel that matters though and other people notice less than you think.

Wenttoseainasieve Sat 15-Jun-19 09:49:29

It's small I'd say, as I'm 35-26-37 and a size 8 so must be similar.

cookingonwine Sat 15-Jun-19 09:52:29

I am 36 - 28 - 34 I am all over the place ... as long as you feel great in your clothes I wouldn't get too caught up in measurements.

WindsweptEgret Sat 15-Jun-19 10:10:38

I'm 33-26-34, same height. I think it's slim-normal.

Siameasy Sat 15-Jun-19 14:17:21

Normal, slim. Those measurements make you a size 8 in old money

Fattytumtum Sat 15-Jun-19 16:12:50

@Siameasy does old money mean sizes ‘back in the day’ before they were vanity sizes? As interestingly I don’t fit some size 8s as they are too small!

whitehalleve Sat 15-Jun-19 16:22:11

Just sounds normal. I wouldn't think a thing.

Loopytiles Sat 15-Jun-19 16:23:41

If you have a history of ED this thread isn’t a good idea.

Siameasy Sat 15-Jun-19 19:24:44

Yeah when sizes were more standardised my understanding was a 10 was a 28 a 12 a 30 etc and that was it. So strictly speaking you’re between an 8 and a 10.
But sizes now are all over the place. Depends on the shop, some come up small and some big.
If you go in charity shops it is interesting to look at old clothes from now-defunct brands and how tiny people used to be.

Aquifolium Sat 15-Jun-19 19:31:05

I would say that if you are asking if your measurements are ok/ too big etc, you are definitely seeking validation.
Why do you think you might be in denial of this?

Fattytumtum Sat 15-Jun-19 20:14:12

@Siameasy very interesting!

Fattytumtum Sat 15-Jun-19 20:15:43

@Aquifolium it’s less validation and more that I constantly feel like a horrible, freakishly wobbly monster and sometimes can’t leave the house because of it and I know I have body dismorphia so I want to see what the average person looking at me sees 💛

queensvillage1 Sat 15-Jun-19 20:16:04

Put it this way, I would give my right arm to have those measurements 😁

ISmellBabies Sat 15-Jun-19 20:22:40

When I was young I used to be very slim like this, and worry about am I too fat every half pound up and down. What a waste of energy. I see now I was bloody gorgeous and I should have enjoyed it. Now I'm proper fat, and tbh, being fat is not the worst thing that can happen to you. The world didn't end, the sun still comes up in the morning, I just take up a bit more space on the sofa, no big deal. Focus on something that matters.

Fattytumtum Sat 15-Jun-19 22:57:24

@ISmellBabies I honesty wish I had that attitude! It just feels like I can’t cope with being so imperfect sometimes 😢

Aquifolium Sat 15-Jun-19 23:15:37

I want to see what the average person looking at me sees

The average person doesn’t know what those measurements look like unless they are coincidentally very close to the
Person’s own measurements.

Average people don’t go round guessing people’s sizes or comparing.

I feel sad for you that you are trapped with these kind of thoughts, and hope you can find your own way towards building self esteem based on something more than the way you look.

Fattytumtum Sat 15-Jun-19 23:28:17

😒

Fattytumtum Sat 15-Jun-19 23:30:19

@Aquifolium I feel sad for you with your perceived superiority and lack of empathy. I have self esteem in many other areas but, unfortunately, as an ED sufferer in remission this is something I live with- just like you have to live with your own flaws (as we all do).

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in