Talk

Advanced search

Wish there were supermarkets.....

(8 Posts)
MarcieBluebell Thu 17-Jan-19 20:26:45

I wish there were standard supermarkets like tesco ect that didn't have all the junk food.

So choc/biscuits/cake/crisps/most cereals/fizzy drinks ect would be absent.

It would include meat/fish/vegetables/salad/fruit/wholegrains/household products/healthy ready meals/ ect

Obviously it would be smaller. But I just wish I had money to start my own supermarket chain for those avoiding rubbish food.

Would you go? I personally hate having to avoid the aisles and ends of deals of sugary foods.

OP’s posts: |
5lnaBed Thu 17-Jan-19 20:28:01

This is why I grocery shop online

GreenThing Thu 17-Jan-19 20:31:33

Where are you?

WholeFoods is a bit like that.

Or you know...self restraint.

RitaMills Thu 17-Jan-19 21:32:12

I second online shopping, whenever I go to the supermarket I’m blindsided by all the sweet treat and crisps deals and buy loads, online I buy meal ingredients and fruit. Works for me for sure.

MarcieBluebell Thu 17-Jan-19 22:27:06

I agree online shopping is good but you have to spend normally 40 pounds plus delivery. It's more than I'd spend ideally.

OP’s posts: |
SpikyHedgehogg Fri 18-Jan-19 07:27:13

I wish train stations and train catering would offer anything other than beige food and chocolate bars.

Flowers12345 Fri 18-Jan-19 07:32:45

If you are near an Asda you can do click and collect and only need to spend £25, at my local Asda it is free to do and some Asda's you don't even go into the store, they bring it straight out to your car!

FleeceDetective Fri 18-Jan-19 08:22:26

I know exactly what you mean op, I really struggled with it when I did a food shop yesterday and had to look down through some areas of the shop not to get tempted.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in