Talk

Advanced search

Can't stop eating!!

(9 Posts)
friendlessme Wed 28-Jun-17 18:57:31

I really need to lose weight (not massive, but a couple of stone) as being overweight is making me miserable. But I can't seem to get into the swing of it. Just want to stuff my face all the time. With all the wrong things. How can I get in the zone?

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Wed 28-Jun-17 18:58:58

Are you stressed, which is making you more likely to overeat?

friendlessme Wed 28-Jun-17 19:11:18

Yes quite a bit of stress as moving to new country in a few months time! But i feel that is a bit of an excuse to trough. I am a stress, bored, comfort water but don't know how to stop it!

friendlessme Wed 28-Jun-17 19:11:49

*eater

SwissChristmasMuseum Wed 28-Jun-17 19:15:58

Can you keep yourself busy? Stay out of the house? Are you bored?

SwissChristmasMuseum Wed 28-Jun-17 19:16:31

Oh, sorry, just saw you say you are bored.

humanfemale Wed 28-Jun-17 19:49:12

I've found that daily exercise and generally being active has a knock on effect to my diet, massively. I just make better choices food-wise if I'm exercising. Might be worth starting with daily long walk (or anything!) and see where that gets you? But I get it, trying to control appetite is SO hard sad

humanfemale Wed 28-Jun-17 19:51:09

Also start with just telling yourself you'll have three meals a day? Have definitely found that the later I can hold off to have breakfast, the better my eating for that day seems to go...

I know people differ a lot re: needing breakfast though..

friendlessme Thu 29-Jun-17 06:00:27

I usually eat breakfast quite late due to manicness of mornings getting out to school and work etc. I am ok holding off in the morning and even while I am at work but when I come home I feel like I have to hoover up the contents of the cupboards and fridge! I know the answer is to not have junk in the house but it's not necessarily junk just constant nibbling! Plus I have 2 pre teen boys who would mutiny if there were no snacks in the house! Even as I do it I am thinking I should not be doing this! It is the same with exercise - I love doing it but can't get motivated to do it! Feel I can't be arsed! I hate being this way!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now