Talk

Advanced search

Protein shakes

(6 Posts)
Welldoneme Sat 10-Jun-17 18:59:20

I notice a lot of people are carrying shakes around and I know they help build muscle mass but does anyone know if they help to keep you fuller for longer x

MisterDog Sat 10-Jun-17 19:21:03

I used them alot in the past and although I had a horrid amount of bloating I didn't feel fuller for longer.

PersianCatLady Wed 14-Jun-17 12:40:19

Protein shakes contain a lot of calories and if you are trying to lose weight they are not very helpful.

Boulshired Wed 14-Jun-17 13:55:23

I sometimes have one as a meal replacement and when I do fasting days as three shakes are 600 Cals and the ones I use have RDA of vitamins and minerals. DP has them daily but does weight lifting and has a physical job so for him it's extra calories as well as muscle gain.

delilahbucket Wed 14-Jun-17 14:02:32

See the recent news about protein shakes. They are often used incorrectly when it comes to muscle building. Unless you are planning on becoming a body builder then steer clear.

fishonabicycle Fri 16-Jun-17 14:01:14

I occasionally have some protein powder or a protein bar - only if my protein intake for the day is low (trying to get about 97 grams a day) and my calories allow it (on 1500 cals right now). Or today I made protein pancakes for breakfast for after my workout.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now