Talk

Advanced search

Slimming world or calarie counting?

(4 Posts)
Raquel40 Sat 27-May-17 10:21:54

Feeling really low at the moment and need some inspiration please. About to split with my DH and thinking how the hell is anyone going to fancy me with as a size 20!! I know it's my own fault for letting myself go but now I really need to do something about my weight especially as I'm going to be the main carer for my DC when we split and they need a healthy, happy mum.

I have done SW a couple of times and lost weight on it, but I got so bored and quite an expensive plan as well, Oh and cooking everything from scratch can sometimes be a chore especially when you don't have time. But it works.

Or do I count calories instead, this way I can still have my cereal for breakfast and a sandwich for lunch or a tin of soup which I can't have on SW.

Ideas please

QuimJongUn Sat 27-May-17 10:37:32

I downloaded MFP on Easter Monday and have been counting calories since. We don't have weighing scales in the house and I didn't/don't want to weigh myself (history of eating disorders with myself and other family members mean that scales in the house is a no-no) so I've been going on how my clothes feel, how I feel, etc. I currently allow myself 1600 calories a day (I'm quite big!). Since Easter Monday I've gone from a size 22/24 to an 18/20. The other day I tried on a size 20 coat which I couldn't wear last winter because it wouldn't do up - now there's room to spare grin

I've tried everything in the past from WW to no carb to just eating baby food for months (not recommended 🤢). I lose weight but always put it back on again - I've been everything from an 8 to a 28 and back again over the years. This is the most sensible, simple and cheapest way to lose weight I've ever tried - and it feels completely sustainable. I don't feel hungry, I'm eating well, can still have martinis on a Friday (v important!) and I feel really well. Most importantly, because this isn't a fad or expensive or unpleasant, I feel as if I'll be able to stick with it in the long-term - it's a new approach to eating, not a 'diet'. It feels liberating, tbh.

Good luck OP - exciting times ahead for you!

Groovee Sat 27-May-17 10:39:43

I've had success with both but my loss is quicker with SW.

sweating Sat 27-May-17 11:57:08

I've lost 25lbs in two months with slimming world. I love it. And it really does not have to be expensive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now