Talk

Advanced search

When did you plateau

(4 Posts)
Badgoushk Thu 30-Jun-16 14:57:24

Hi,

I started out at 16st 8 in January. Now 13st 11. I've been losing approximately 2 pounds a week. I think I might have plateau'd this week. I still have 2 stone to lose before normal BMI.

When did you plateau? How did you get past it?

Thanks!

B

Toffeelatteplease Thu 30-Jun-16 15:05:15

I haven't. But have lost a similar amount and found that 13 stone downwards (currently at 13 stone 1) has been very weird. Up down same massive drop massive up. I weigh most mornings. I think if I had been weighing once a week for example it could look like I had plateaued

On the whole it has always gone down though. I'm expecting the lose to get slower the closer I get to maintenance.

Toffeelatteplease Thu 30-Jun-16 15:06:50

Oh that and I drop and regain half a stone around the time of my depo injection. If you get that monthly it can utterly skew your readings.

AuntieStella Thu 30-Jun-16 17:16:44

In case it helps you, here's the thread I started in January about this (linking it because it has some tips and links you might find helpful).

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/weight_loss_chat/2559696-The-plateau-again-is-there-any-hope

Following that, I started using MFP, and not only achieved my Tier 1 target (healthy weight) but pushed on down towards Tier 2 target (aspiration pre-DC weight). And have been making good progress.

But have hit a bloody plateau again, about 4-5 lbs above that second target.

So joining you here in the hope of finding new resolve.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now