Talk

Advanced search

Help my new super dooper diet/exercise regime!

(3 Posts)
messystressy Sat 31-Oct-15 23:19:42

So, I need to lose the 'baby fat' from my DD. Who is nearly 4. Oh the shame! I was previously size 12, now size 16. I refuse to buy (many) clothes in size 16 so have three outfits to wear. I am really embarrassed by my weight - I used to be very active and didn't diet much. Now, I find it harder as I am either exhausted in the evenings, I have to work in the evenings and the running I was doing has stopped as I am too scared to do it when it is dark.

So, this is what I am going to do:

- Stop eating cakes, biscuits, chocolates and dessert
- Plan, plan, plan all meals for the week
- Twice a week (when I am at work, I will do a 500 to 1000 calorie day - extra in case I am entertaining clients).
- C25k three times a week, yoga once a week
- Less carbs, more protein
- 3 ltres of water every day (incl coffees)

I really want to work on getting toned - would pilates do this or should I try something else? I have to say, I am a member of my local gym but it seems my two most local gyms are full of aggressive gym bunnies who throw their weights around and intimidate me, so I don't go.

Foodwise, no snacks, no snacks, NO SNACKS! And this habit of NEEDING a dessert has to stop. I don't have sugar in my (decaf) coffee and I don't drink soft drinks but I do drink shedloads of sparkling water. Although probably not enough water.

I would appreciate any tips or advice or critiques - I am going to.stop being fat in 2016!!!

messystressy Sat 31-Oct-15 23:21:19

- Abd sleep minimum of 8 hours. I currently sleep 6.5 hours and am tired, which means reaching for bad food for energy.

AWONI Sat 07-Nov-15 21:44:43

Hi messy. This all sounds sensible and actually doable. How's it going?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: