Mfp question - 1200

(7 Posts)
Not2bObvious Mon 21-Sep-15 11:52:05

Hi all. For those of you using mfp, is anyone managing to keep to 1200 a day, week in/week out. And if yes, are you managing to drop the 1-2 pounds a week?
For background I'm just struggling to drop weight despite a decent amount of exercise - 3 x bootcamp a week, mix of weights/strength/cardio, walking 40 mins 3 times a week plus a 4 mile walk 1-2 a week - but I just cannot keep the eating under control at around 1500 a day. I want to try be a bit tougher and drop down a bit. I'm around 5 4" and my weight is hovering around 12.4-12.6, I was just under 12 stone 2 months ago and in my head I still am.
Sorry for the long waffle, I just feel I'm at that point where I'll blink and I'll be 16 stone. I just want to move on sad

CultureSucksDownWords Mon 21-Sep-15 11:58:31

Yes, I generally tend to at the moment and have been for about a month now. Where do you find that you go over the limit - is it with the evening meal?

IMustEatMoreVeg Mon 21-Sep-15 11:59:50

Yes I do. I have been on 1200 since July and apart from about four binges where I ate approx 2000 calories I have stuck to it religiously. I do tend to eat back my exercise calories though so that is an extra 200 or so if I have walked my 10000 steps. I don't do any other exercise. I have my fitbit linked to mfp so it automatically updates my calorie allowance. Many days I don't walk that much though so I don't get extra calories and have to make do with 1200.

IMustEatMoreVeg Mon 21-Sep-15 12:16:29

One thing that helps me is a meme I saw on the Internet a while ago. It said 'eat for the body you want, not the body you have.'

I try to think 'well this is how a thin person eats. I eat like a thin person.' And I am on track to get to an interim goal by end of November which will give me a BMI of 23. I think my ultimate goal will be 7lb to a stone lower than this which will give me a BMI of 20. Then I will truly be a thin person. To get there and stay there I need to eat like a thin person. So I do.

OneBreathAfterAnother Mon 21-Sep-15 12:17:58

It gets easier if you stick to it. I cut down from around 1800 to 1200 using MFP and then stopped using it a few months ago, but tend to eat around 900 a day if left to my own devices.

Around 200 for breakfast if I bother, then 200 for lunch, and 500 for my evening meal. I walk 12,000 steps a day too, and try to go for a run.

It's hard, but you'll get there if you try.

Not2bObvious Mon 21-Sep-15 12:54:27

Thanks for the replies!
I'm a demon for evening munching, I have found in the past that if I allow enough Cals for an evening snack I'm satisfied with that. I'm also a bit of a binge'er if I have goodies in and these days I always do.
Right so, it's doable so now I just need to do it wink I've a break away in just under 3 weeks, if I can keep to this until then I'll be very very happy.
Yep, good idea to eat like a thin person! Thanks again

lilacclery Tue 22-Sep-15 08:56:04

I find it very difficult to stick to the 1200 calories having followed a healthy eating plan for 5+ years now and was eating a lot more than 1200 calories on that. Just checked back out of a month using it I've kept under the calories on 8 occasions. I haven't lost any weight yet but I weigh in this evening again. My shape has changed and has my awareness of food too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now