Talk

Advanced search

Which Fitbit ..

(7 Posts)
Hellokitty105 Mon 15-Jun-15 19:28:15

Hello advice appreciated.

Basically, I want a fit bit or something like it that's good.

I want to use it for tracking steps and activity levels throughout the day. I'd like to know how many calories I burn daily etc. I don't like relying on gym equipment calorie measures. I know fit bit have just brought a new one which measures heart rate? Is that the same as the 'activity tracker'!? Help!

What's the best I can get for the best price? Any offers on ATM?

cumsanctuspiritu Mon 15-Jun-15 20:01:59

If you're registered with parkrun, they're doing £15 off any fitbit at the moment. And you might just be persuaded to try a parkrun...

Hellokitty105 Mon 15-Jun-15 21:29:00

Im not registered no.

Can no one recommend them??

IS the Fitbit just a pedometer or will it actually calculate what I burn in the gym to, like if I go spinning or pump will it calculate those calories burnt too or just steps I take during the day?

hedwig2001 Mon 15-Jun-15 21:43:56

I use the Fitbit One, which clips on or in your pocket. It counts your steps and works out your calories. I guess the heart rate monitoring version would be the most accurate.

Vivacia Wed 17-Jun-15 12:59:06

God, give people a chance Kitty!

I have a Fitbit HR - it does reflect a greater calorie burn during spin, step etc but isn't, in my opinion, as accurate as a chest strap HR during intense cardio activities. It's better for general day-to-day activity and I find the pedometer function motivating for this.

Hellokitty105 Wed 17-Jun-15 17:18:46

Apologies blush

I am an impulsive purchaser! I have installed the app on my phone for now and having my phone in my pocket during spin added 300/400 calorie burn which I think is a massive overestimate!

Just would love someone to highly recommend so I can purchase and get started .. I'm eager!!

Vivacia Wed 17-Jun-15 17:31:21

I used to get around 470 calories for a 45 minute spin with a chest strap monitor, and would aim for 500 for a real killer and getting there early.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now