We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Slimfast, five days in, not lost an ounce

(10 Posts)
BoffinMum Fri 12-Jun-15 16:30:59

I thought the Slimfast diet was supposed to get you losing weight fast, but I find that after 5 days on it I still weigh the same. Total calorie intake per day has been 1200-1300 against 2442 for maintenance of weight. I am baffled by this. Will I be a lard arse for life? Has this happened to anyone else?

I am bloody starving.

SoleSource Fri 12-Jun-15 17:56:12

Have your weighing scales malfunctioned? Weigh at Boots? Sticking to plan will get you results. Maybe your body is thinking hey I need to a just myself a bit and then let go of this unhealthy fat?

BoffinMum Fri 12-Jun-15 19:49:17

No, I have a spare set and I weight the same on both. I am really the same weight and I am so starving I can hardly see straight. I honestly don't know what to do for the best apart from have a proper meal and start again.

SoleSource Fri 12-Jun-15 20:02:17

Rotisserie chicken, cottage cheese, balsamic vinegar, loads of salad?
I'm doing the Cambridge diet. Not a smidgen of conventional food has passed my lips since Wednesday. As long as I drink water in between shakes I'm not hungry.

BoffinMum Fri 12-Jun-15 23:22:59

Well I cracked and had some WW tomato soup, two pieces of toast, 2oz cheese, and some crackers. Felt like a new woman and I could finally poo. I think my metabolism had slowed down to something glacial.

ErrolTheDragon Fri 12-Jun-15 23:44:09

I'm not at all sure metabolism slows down like that - sounds more like your digestive tract had. Aren't you supposed to have a proper meal if you do slim fast? Make sure it includes lots of green veg, that'll help fill you up but move things along.

whatdoesittake48 Fri 12-Jun-15 23:57:09

Slim fast is high in sugar. Equals insulin response equals no weight loss. Cut sugar a nd white carbs for quick weight loss.

MarchLikeAnAnt Sat 13-Jun-15 00:02:37

Try 'slim&save', it has the same results as the Cambridge diet but is cheaper and you have meals as well as shakes. ( all are low carb and high protein).

BoffinMum Sat 13-Jun-15 14:18:15

I did find the slim fast stuff really sweet - I don't normally eat much processed food so I am not used to it at all.

Today I have been eating along the lines of Weight Watchers core foods and had skimmed milk porridge, then an apple and skinny cappuccino mid-morning, then gazpacho, pumpkin ravioli, salad, prosciutto, and a peach for lunch. I feel pretty OK on this and not dizzy any more.

I was eating masses of raw fruit and veg and drank litres of water while having the slimfast shakes but everything literally just stopped working.

simplydevine05 Sun 28-Jun-15 21:22:00

I did slim fast for around four weeks and lost nothing. I was constantly hungry. Some of the bars gave me a dodgy tummy and I got sick of sweet stuff. I now calorie count using my fitness pal and have lost 20lbs in 3 months. I think slim fast is a waste of money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now