Talk

Advanced search

Why, why, why.....

(20 Posts)
Beccarollover Sun 25-Apr-04 19:11:07

Do I stick to ww then come friday it all goes out of the window BIG STYLE....

Think I need hypnosis

JeniN Sun 25-Apr-04 19:24:44

know what you mean..i'm shocking on weekends. Just been to a barbeque and the food was yum, went mad..oh well, Monday tomorrow, back to the plan

myermay Sun 25-Apr-04 20:04:30

Message withdrawn

Heathcliffscathy Sun 25-Apr-04 20:05:49

me too. i was 13 points over for yesterday...good one...

champs Sun 25-Apr-04 22:22:09

becca, there was a ww plan a few years back (came free in a woman's mag or newspapper) that limited points in the week to 20 pts and then weekends were free. sounded good at the time,

i think my brain thinks the weekend is every day tho as it begs me to pig out daily

maybe you could try to save some points everyday and then *spend* them at weekend.

champs Sun 25-Apr-04 22:22:31

maybe i will follow my own advice

Beccarollover Mon 26-Apr-04 07:45:53

There is also the Wendy plan isnt there where the points fluctuate from being very high to very low...

Im dreading weigh in tonight now!!

champs Mon 26-Apr-04 17:34:57

chin up becca!!! you might have done better than you think.... isn't it weird that the week you work so hard and stick to it you loose nothing and the times you do not so well, you loose??!!
(my old leader used to say it was the weeks you stuck to it that helped you when you didn't and the times you slacked caught up with you!! )

Beccarollover Mon 26-Apr-04 17:36:18

Ive eaten hardly anything today <ducks from coddys abuse>

Fingers crossed for 7pm

CountessDracula Mon 26-Apr-04 17:36:29

Oh Becca so do I!

Was good on Saturday but Sunday OH GOD! Can I come with you to hypnosis?

Lisa78 Mon 26-Apr-04 17:37:21

Never mind Becca! Why don't you save up your points a bit, so you can have a blow out without feeling guilty? And get some exercise in - even if its something like vigourous housework or gardening (then you can feel really virtuous as wel1 )

champs Mon 26-Apr-04 17:52:46

becca, i have brought some ww recipie books would you like some 0/low pointers?

Beccarollover Mon 26-Apr-04 17:58:44

Low pointers would be fab champs

Im thinking of getting the time to eat cookbooks

Im afraid bonus points and saving up through the week dont even come close to covering what I can put away!!!

champs Mon 26-Apr-04 18:07:41

what things would you like? sweet, savoury? meals, snacks? what are your *naughty* treats? maybe I can find an alternative

champs Mon 26-Apr-04 18:10:02

i have also found a fat free cookbook I had from years ago, not ww but has cal and sat/fat values so could be converted into points. so can look at recipies in there for you too.

Beccarollover Mon 26-Apr-04 20:33:49

champs - main meals and snacks would be great - im more of a savoury than a sweet girl

Well, I weighed in and lost THREE POUNDS

F*ck knows how but there you go!

Hulababy Mon 26-Apr-04 20:46:58

Well done Becca.

I always try and keep below my points level each week day so I have extra for the weekends. I usually manage to save 2-4 points a day so have between 10 and 20 points extra to spend!

champs Mon 26-Apr-04 21:41:22

well done becca!!!
Hullababy---- i am gonna try that this week as am going out on friday ( a rare treat, ds2 will have to come too)

Tuna cakes with spring onion salsa.

serves:4 prep and cooking: 35mins
pts per serving:2 pts per recipie:8

400g (14oz) potatoes, peeled and diced
185g can tuna chunks (in brine or spring water), drained and flaked roughly
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
For salsa:
4 spring onions, chopped finely
5cm (2 inches) cucumber, seeds removed and flesh diced finely
1 tsp lemon juice.

1. boil the potatoes in lightly salted water for 15-20 mins until tender.
2. while the potatoes are cooking, in a small bowl mix together all the salsa ingredients then leave to marinate.
3. when the potatoes are just cooked through, drain and mash them, then stir in the tuna, the remaining lemon juice and season to taste. Divide the mixture into eight and shape into small cakes for 3 mins. Then gently turn them over and cook for further 2 mins.
5. serve two tuna cakes per person with a helping of salsa.

freezing not recomended.

Hulababy Mon 26-Apr-04 21:47:18

Enjoy it Champs. Going anywhere nice?

Might try your recipe later this week as both DH and DD like tuna, as well as me. It'll be nice just having to make one meal for a change too.

champs Mon 26-Apr-04 21:48:47

thanks hulla, not sure where am going. has to be somewhere baby friendly.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »