Talk

Advanced search

Anyone done low-carb to lose weight then switched to another diet to "live"?

(3 Posts)
burntthesprouts Sun 04-Jan-15 14:15:03

I've done low-carb and it's worked for me in the past. But even when I haven't eaten bread or pasta or cake for 6 months or more my desire for those foods just never disappears and I end up eating them again because I just love them so much and can't imagine life without them. Has anyone here done low-carb to lose the weight (I have high blood pressure and am 4 stones overweight) and then moved on to another controlled way of eating (WW, 5:2 etc.) that's kept them on the straight and narrow rather than rocketed them back to gorging on carbs in an uncontrolled way again?

Everytime I do low-carb I lose at least 7 pounds in the first week and that instant result is such an incentive that no other diet has ever given me. I think that's why it appeals - it definitely does the trick but for me is unsustainable.

Katkincake Sun 04-Jan-15 14:34:47

No, but planning to do it this time. I'm currently doing slim&save which is low-card meal replacement for a month to shift some weight quickly for a friend's wedding in feb. I then plan to switch to slimming world to have more sustainable losses and lifestyle plan after.

I'm mentally accounting for the fact that I'll probably put on abut 6lb w.hen I have carbs again, as my body will be replacing glycogen stores.

Agree, I can't live without carbs forever

Sallycinnamum Sun 04-Jan-15 14:41:09

I lost a stone low carbing the year before last. The whole lot went back on again as I was diagnosed with gallstones so couldn't eat high fat foods anymore (the jury is out on whether low carbing caused the gallstones in the first place).

However, I have adapted my diet somewhat so I still eat foods like porridge and potatoes but in very small amounts. I pretty much avoid rice and bread.

I have been eating mindfully for the past few weeks and it's been great to far. Only eating when hungry and stopping when full etc.

I did it via an app www.easyloss.co.uk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now