Talk

Advanced search

What was everyone's 'enough is enough' moment?

(5 Posts)
AnneofCheese Fri 02-Jan-15 09:12:47

I was sat in a curry house last night eating yet another enormous meal. Started getting terrible pains across my chest. Then figured out if I undid my bra the pain stopped and I could carry on horfing food - so I did. I am out of control!

FoodieMum3 Fri 02-Jan-15 10:55:14

I've been there OP. My underwire burst through bras because I was in fat denial and never bought a bigger size, when I should have.

My final 'enough is enough' moment was being weighed at a checkup and being told I was obese. I genuiely, had no idea my weight had become such a problem.
I've since lost 3 stone and now normal bmi.

fabfiftyfox Fri 02-Jan-15 12:06:32

I haven't had a bra on for the last 2 days, I'm an F cup so it's not a good look, but I feel as though I'm being suffocated, also my wires are poking me under the arms. I thought buying non-wired would help but absolutely no support.
I have been waiting for my 'enough' moment for the last 3 stone.....
My motto this year is 'just f#¤%ing do it'....

Megglevache Fri 02-Jan-15 12:09:14

having my photo taken in a hammock with my baby ds. I broke the hammock and couldn't get out- I was enormous!That was many stone ago!

Dowser Fri 02-Jan-15 12:49:10

Fattist remarks when you're out and about.

very hurtful I should imagine. I wonder though if it ever gives anyone an enough is enough moment.

Or after the anger passes do people just go home and curl up with their fave comfort food.

A lot of it with me is denial. I wear stretch jersey dresses so you cando a lot of damage in one of them before you think you know what my belly really does look big in this.

Especially if you're inclined to be a bit more pear shaped like I am.

My mums always battled with her weight, I guess I'm just like her. Yet I saw a photo of her when she was about 50 and she was really thin about a size 12-14. When did she give up? I mostly remember her as a size 18-20.

Still we're all here now.

It's a new day, it's a new dawn and I'm feeling good...so let's nip it in the bud

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now