Talk

Advanced search

Can't get motivated. Any ideas?!

(5 Posts)
Reiltin Sat 29-Mar-14 19:11:14

Hi! I have so much weight to lose but I just can't get motivated. I've made some small changes, which are going ok - eggs & fruit for breakfast, salad for lunch, more veg & less carbs for dinner and not eating so late. But it's all useless because I can't stop eating chocolate. I've joined WW, I did C25k before Xmas, I know what I need to do but I just can't bring myself to change.

I'm a pretty unmotivated, unfocused person in general, which I guess is why I can't get into. Anyone got any ideas? What got you going?

way2serious Sat 29-Mar-14 19:13:14

Hi. How much do you want to lose?

Reiltin Sat 29-Mar-14 19:50:21

I need to lose about 5st to get to the top of the healthy range :-/

Sleepwhenidie Tue 01-Apr-14 07:53:23

How do you think life will be different if/when you lose 5st? (Apart from your clothes being smaller wink)

magentastardust Tue 01-Apr-14 14:01:25

I have quite a lot too lose too-started first week of Jan with the aim to lose 3stone for July as we have a holiday. I am 20lbs down -so getting there-almost half way and 3 months to go! I would like to lose another couple of stone after that but focusing on the first bit first.
The first 2 weeks or so were probably the most difficult but once I broke habits it began to get easier to avoid unhealthy choices and stop snacking so much.
I got a fitbit zip last month-it has really motivated me as it makes me try and get to 10k steps everyday. I really don't like going to bed if I haven't reached my goals. Have also been going to exercise class with a friend a couple of times a week-definitely helps to have someone else on hand to make sure you go.
It is such a difficult thing and a continuous challenge-we all know what we need to do to lose weight but actually doing it and sticking to it can be really difficult.
If my head isn't in it and I can't get focused , I just fail-last year I had about 4 or 5 attempts and never stuck to anything for more than a week or two.
We are lucky enough to be going on holiday in summer and that has really been an incentive for me -as whatever happens in July I will have to be in swimwear and summer dresses and I know I will be really miserable if I haven't bothered to try and lose the weight for it. We have worked really hard for this holiday and had a rubbish year last year so I want to have a happy holiday and enjoy it , not be hiding away and dreading what I look like the whole time.
I find the support on here and myfitnesspal good too-I have the same user name on there if you want to find me on it. Good luck -you will be able to do it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now