Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Low fat snack ideas

(5 Posts)
GoingToBedfordshire Mon 20-May-13 18:24:54

I've been diagnosed with gallstones and am on a very low fat diet whilst waiting for the op to have my gallbladder removed.

I'm managing ok with meals but really struggling with snacks.

I have unlimited fruit and veg, rice cakes with marmite, mazo crackers with marmite - um, that's about it!

Would really appreciate any ideas for other low fat bits to snack on. Thanks so much.

IvanaCake Mon 20-May-13 18:37:38

Oatcakes? Could you eat low fat cream cheese? Low fat yoghurts, microwave popcorn, chopped veg with salsa to dip, make up a batch of vegetable soup and have a mug of that?

GoingToBedfordshire Mon 20-May-13 20:41:24

The soup is a really good idea - thank you. And I will also make a salsa, hadn't thought of that.

Am staying away from cheese entirely as it triggers the gallstones every time. The oatcakes I have in already are quite high in butter. Do you buy a particular low fat type? Fat free yoghurts I eat as dessert.

Have just had a browse of the low fat recipes, there are some on there to try.

It is so hard though!

eslteacher Mon 20-May-13 20:50:47

Raw veg (cucumber, carrot, celery, peppers etc) with soy sauce for dipping/dressing, makes them a bit more interesting.

Mini gherkins, the kind preserved in vinegar - I love these but maybe they're an acquired taste!

For sweet stuff, what about fruit flaovur ice lollies / freeze pops? Summer is (supposedly) on it's way!

GoingToBedfordshire Mon 20-May-13 21:49:34

Mini gherkins, yum. Thinking about it, will get some along with pickled beetroot and onions. And some chewing gum. Ta.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now