Talk

Advanced search

Despairing at babyweight after 3 DC in 4 years - any ideas for weight loss?

(2 Posts)
FrozenNorthPole Thu 25-Oct-12 21:51:16

Before having my children I was about 55 kg (am 5'5") and now, after my third child was born eight weeks ago, I am about 74 kg. I would love to get back to the low 60s or thereabouts but don't have any idea where to start. I'm breastfeeding so feel hungry most of the time, and I don't have many opportunities to exercise outside the home as DH is away with the army. I cannot bear to look at my stomach at the moment, and feel immensely upset that I have let this happen. It's enormous sad. And yes, I know this is a first world problem blush but I can't help it.

RottenLuck Thu 25-Oct-12 22:20:44

What worked for me after 2 DC was plain old boring weight watchers and exercise. You get a lot more points as a breastfeeder and you do not have to go hungry especially if you can afford to eat plenty of fruit and veg. Exercise is a bonus, it means more food (and wine!) but even an hour of walking a day will get you more points. It's doesn't work for everyone but it worked for me. A major thing was to have a date in mind, say Christmas time, as an inventive to keep you motivated. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now