Talk

Advanced search

I am a big (but shiny!) apple

(13 Posts)
BruisedFanjo Fri 12-Oct-12 22:44:54

I am an apple.

Sometimes.

If I've had a couple of days of very light eating (illlness, or say a couple of days of too many hours at work), my tummy goes very nearly, almost, flat. There is a tiny paunch of loose skin at the bottom.

I then eat a normal amount of food (all weighed portions etc) and I blow up like a balloon! I look literally actually pregnant. And from the bottom of the ribs down, so more the gut and bellybutton area than stomach.

Anyone got any ideas on what could be the problem or could help? Go gluten free? Lo carb? Any diets specifically to reduce bloating?

Thank you smile

Twinkleinmyeye Sat 13-Oct-12 08:55:45

Wow that sounds extreme. Have you ruled out something like IBS or a food intolerance/allergy? Do you have any other symptoms?

I am apple too. sad it sucks.

ppeatfruit Sat 13-Oct-12 09:08:38

bruised IMO and E wheat is the culprit in bloating there's a frightening book out called Wheat Belly by William Davis M.D. which lists the problems connected with the dominance of wheat in most people's diets.

BruisedFanjo Sat 13-Oct-12 09:33:22

twinkle I thought maybe something as stress can make it worse and I sometimes have toilet troubles etc. I tried approaching it with the doctor but she was totally disinterested. Nowhere else on my body does this. I too hate the apple shape. My thighs are kinda chunky but if I was flat on top that'd be fine I think - Much easier to find clothes that fit etc!

ppeat wheat, you say? Isn't that in almost everything? Eek! Is this somethingthat you've managed to change and see any difference?

I don't want to carry on always hungry for fear of exploding tummy sad

X

ppeatfruit Sat 13-Oct-12 09:52:07

Exactly twinkle If you have problems with yr gut as well you may be intolerant to it. DH is terrible when he eats it he gets exhausted, bad tempered, bloated. i just get constip. oh and exhausted. we've cut it out and buy rye bread I also make Kamut and spelt bread (they have v. low gluten). We both loose weight and feel SOO much better without it.

Also have a look at the Paul Mckenna WOE it's much better for you as well than 'normal' diets. especially if you eat v. fast grin

BruisedFanjo Sat 13-Oct-12 10:57:13

Okay smile is it worth another trip to the docs do you think? Or can intolerances be pretty much self diagnosed? x

ppeatfruit Sat 13-Oct-12 13:25:45

I wouldn't want to get flamed so I'll say go to the docs if you're worried maybe have a test for ceoliac but I think you have to have REALLY bad colitis for them to test you. Also have a look at the Blood type Diet by Dr. Peter D'adamo if you know yours it's really interesting I used to have quite bad eczema and the B.T said A types like me should avoid oranges and tomatoes and now I'm cured!!

BruisedFanjo Sat 13-Oct-12 15:22:15

Wow that's pretty good. No idea what my blood type is though! I will def look into the wheat thing, but the thought of no cake is scary! X

ppeatfruit Sat 13-Oct-12 15:28:07

No you can make lovely cakes with non wheat flour (they even sell them in most supermkts. now) and deffo in H.F. shops. you can get better than wheat pasta (honest) grin made from rice. My recipe for brownies is on the page previous to last of the Paul Mckenna thread on here.

BruisedFanjo Sat 13-Oct-12 17:50:48

Does chocolate contain wheat :P I have a breadmaker so could buy say, spelt flour n make a loaf cheaper than the supermarket I guess getting into the idea now. I was shocked at the things that had wheat in at lunch time time - wheat in chilli sauce!

<goes to find brownie recipe>

ppeatfruit Sun 14-Oct-12 14:50:22

It depends on the choc. Bruised The plain dark stuff doesn't but you have to start reading ALL labels when you go wheat free! sorry grin

ppeatfruit Sun 14-Oct-12 14:55:54

A good wheat free cheap way of using choc. in recipes and drinks of course! is to use plain cocoa which is just dried chocolate anyway grin NOT drinking choc. it's usually full of sugar and wheat. I don't have dairy so I have made my own chocolate using rice milk and cocoa and it was nice!

Twinkleinmyeye Sun 14-Oct-12 16:00:27

I don't have any intolerances. To food anyway. grin Just a bit porky...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now