Talk

Advanced search

Low Carbing ... how long till I see results?

(9 Posts)

I have half a stone or so to lose so have decided to ditch the carbs.

How long before I start to notice the difference?

theothermrsclooney Thu 30-Jun-11 21:27:16

You will notice very quickly but it is unlikely to stay off.

That's not what I wanted to hear! grin

To be fair I plan to start excercising too and so just using the low-carb thing as a kick-start

theothermrsclooney Thu 30-Jun-11 21:45:20

Sorry!!!

I used India Knight's Idiot Proof Diet which is low carb, high protein, high fat (in moderate quantities!) for 10 days and lost 6lbs. I then switched to using myfitnesspal to log calories and exercise aiming for 1200 calories a day. I have now lost 11lbs in about 7 weeks. Low carbing helped to start me off and the quick weight loss was quite motivating. I put 2lbs on when I stopped following the IPD but stayed focused and have been pretty good at sticking to the 1200 calories (excluding an anniversary dinner, DDs birthday, a camping trip...)

TurkeyBurgerThing Fri 01-Jul-11 08:23:00

Results are pretty quick. I've lost almost 3 stone by low carbing. I didn't cut them out completely but I now don't eat much bread or pasta at all, maybe a couple of times a week at the most! It's definitely helped me and I've not had any issues putting any of it on, as I'm now happy that I've completely changed the way I eat!

Tortington Fri 01-Jul-11 09:02:45

www.carbfree.wordpress.com this is my blog, ive kept it off for two years - i lost four stone in total

Thanks all, day 3 and I don't look as bloated which is good

Tortington Fri 01-Jul-11 10:34:00

om my - day three..... things will truly kick off now, weight yourself you'll be amazed tomorrow

I don't own any scales!! Just going off how my clothes feel

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now