Talk

Advanced search

Help !

(7 Posts)
FeedMyFaceWithJaffaCakes Sat 19-Nov-16 19:34:49

Hello.

DP and I talking weddings (again)
Anyone got any suggestions for venues that cater for small weddings in Oxfordshire area?
Our guest list is around 50 people smile
We ideally want a afternoon thing and to get married and a tea party or picnic thing in the same place!

Thank you in advance! X

BackforGood Sat 19-Nov-16 23:01:58

Might get more of the right people reading your request for help if you post on the local board smile

FeedMyFaceWithJaffaCakes Sat 19-Nov-16 23:16:08

Thanks smile x

OrlandaFuriosa Sat 19-Nov-16 23:20:21

It depends on how much you want to spend...

Fairly expensive, Randolph, in Oxford itself and the old parsonage, then the Feathers and Bear in Woodstock,

I liked the Bear and Ragged Staff in Cumnor for more formal taking elderlies out to lunch..

The perch in binsey is nice, I think, or it was, ditto the trout at Godstow and the white hart at wytham, I haven't checked for numbers. ,

A little further out still, look at The Bell in Charlbury, haven't been there for years, but was ok then.

What used to be the four pillars and us now I think called the Oxford spires is fairly standard

Then there's Raymond Blanc's Manoir...

OrlandaFuriosa Sun 20-Nov-16 00:18:03

The tea time thingy might be a bit difficult with thus one, but for something v different, the Ashmolean museum does weddings..

Candlestickchick Sun 20-Nov-16 21:09:39

Worton Hall has a ceremony room and barn, and also outdoor fields where you can have a picnic!

FeedMyFaceWithJaffaCakes Mon 21-Nov-16 07:46:29

Thank you everyone for your suggestions, writing all these down!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now