Talk

Advanced search

Small intimate weddings abroad, ideas?

(8 Posts)
PregnantAndEngaged Thu 10-Mar-16 17:15:29

Hi guys,

We are saving for a destination wedding, saving budget will be £6000. We are doing early research to see what we can get for our money and try to find the best place for us.

We will have 9 people altogether, so me, the groom, my son who will be a toddler by then, and 6 guests.

We want a warm climate, and love the idea of a beach wedding, or by the sea/water, or generally just lovely surroundings so would also appreciate e.g. courtyards or gardens.

Can anyone recommend a location that would be suitable for a small, intimate wedding and would suit our budget? £6000 is intended to cover everything btw from dress, suit, accommodation, flights and the wedding itself.

Bunbaker Thu 10-Mar-16 17:16:43

Malcesine, Lake Garda. I know it isn't by the sea, but it is utterly beautiful. We saw a wedding taking place at the castle, and a friend went to one there as well.

mouldycheesefan Thu 10-Mar-16 17:16:58

Is the £6k budget for all 9 guests? Or are the guests paying for their own flights and accommodation

PregnantAndEngaged Thu 10-Mar-16 17:18:23

It's for everything.. in reality our guests may offer to contribute, but we're certainly not expecting it.

PregnantAndEngaged Thu 10-Mar-16 17:19:12

I'm thinking maybe booking a villa for them to reduce our costs. And then me and future DH stay in a hotel for a few nights for some extra luxury for us. We'll probably stay an additional week when our guests have gone for our honeymoon.

PregnantAndEngaged Thu 10-Mar-16 17:20:39

Lake Garda does look beautiful. smile Thanks for the suggestion!

annielostit Thu 17-Mar-16 19:38:55

Depending when it is, flight costs etc, Cyprus is good. It depend on what you want.

maitaimojito Thu 17-Mar-16 20:01:32

Lake Orta in Italy is also beautiful or Sorrento/Amalfi Coast, or Santorini.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now