Talk

Advanced search

Porridge- do I need to give 6mo DD baby porridge...

(7 Posts)
congalikeyoumeanit Mon 21-Sep-09 10:16:01

...or can I give her regular porridge? The cost of baby porridge is so high!

So if she can have regular porridge does it matter which I get? Are all porridges as finely ground as baby porridge IYSWIM?

thehairybabysmum Mon 21-Sep-09 10:18:29

I always gave mine normal porridge...its not exactly lumpy is it!?!

Baby porridge always just seemed like a marketing exercise to me along with other 'baby' cereals!

Arsed Mon 21-Sep-09 10:21:45

I dont think you have to, i didn't with D 5 years ago she just had normal porridge, ready brek or wheatabix.

I give DS the Plub baby porridge now just because its really nice

congalikeyoumeanit Mon 21-Sep-09 10:33:58

I've never had regular porridge so don't know if its lumpy or not! Would ready brek be ok then? DD loves her porridge but one of those baby boxes is really tiny and pricey and lasts no time at all.

oopsacoconut Mon 21-Sep-09 10:36:34

DD had readybrek - it is exactly the same as normal porridge just ground finer.

thehairybabysmum Mon 21-Sep-09 10:52:08

ready brek fine, but normal porridge is cheaper and v. easy. Just mix the oats with some milk and microwave for a 3-4 mins max. I do 30 sec bursts and stir each time it stops.

You can also add fruit so extra healthy/delicious.

congalikeyoumeanit Mon 21-Sep-09 10:59:54

Thanks guys, I'll start off with readybrek and work up to regular porridge! She already has it with fruit, her favourite seems to be apricots, she loves it and gets through a bowl indouble quick time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now