Talk

Advanced search

Tinned chopped tomatoes

(5 Posts)
Pinkmarshmallow Thu 20-Aug-09 15:36:37

Is Napolina tinned chopped tomatoes ok to give baby when she is about 7 months old? Have some tiny pasta shapes and thought it would be a nice sauce to go with the pasta as a way of introducing lumps/texture to her. She's only 6 months now but I'm thinking ahead and preparing myself.... The ingredients listed on the tin are tomatoes, tomato juice and citric acid.... is this all ok to give baby?
If this is not a good idea, please give me ideas what sauce I can give her with the pasta shapes, preferably something quick and handy to make! THanks!

WinomoreTheFruitbat Thu 20-Aug-09 15:37:25

yes, fine

suiledonn Thu 20-Aug-09 15:41:23

I make a basic white sauce or cheese sauce and mix in some tinned tomatoes. It makes a creamy tomato sauce. I find the plain tinned tomatoes a bit acidic.

WidowWadman Thu 20-Aug-09 15:48:24

My daughter is 8 months old and has been eating what we're eating since about the end of May, and that includes a nice self made pasta sauce made with tinned tomato, onion, fresh herbs, olive oil,sometimes mince, sometimes not.

Don't forget to have your camera handy.

BornToFolk Thu 20-Aug-09 15:57:57

And don't put her in a white t-shirt!

Try her on the tiny pasta now, you never know, she might surprise you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now