Talk

Advanced search

Constipation in newly weaned baby

(6 Posts)
Gingernut81 Tue 08-Mar-16 15:59:30

DD is 6 months next week & has been having purées for about a month. Upped it to 2 meals a day last week, usually baby porridge for breakfast & some fruit/veg later on in the day. She hasn't had a dirty nappy since Friday, is this normal?! She doesn't seem in pain or uncomfortable. I have a Drs appt myself tomorrow so will mention it then but my parents managed to completely freak me out when I spoke to then this afternoon and now I'm worried I've been a crap mother! I just thought it's her digestive system getting to used to everything and was just waiting for the mother of all poosplosions blush

coveredinhopeandvaseline Wed 09-Mar-16 10:08:19

Have you been giving her water with her food? Small drinks of water with/after each meal should sort her out. That is a bit of a long time to go without a poop.

Sflood Tue 15-Mar-16 13:47:52

I think maybe increasing the amount of water she drinks might sort the problem out.

Gingernut81 Tue 15-Mar-16 14:37:07

Trying to give her more water plus lots of apple & pear. Picked up some lactulose today too!

MunchyMunchkin Tue 15-Mar-16 18:23:44

Have you been giving her any banana? That's a really common cause for constipation in babies. Ella's do a prunes prunes prunes sachet which works wonders. You can mix a tablespoon in with yoghurt or porridge.

Gingernut81 Tue 15-Mar-16 18:37:36

I've had her on that, it definitely seemed to get things moving grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now