Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

do you delay weaning if baby still has tongue thrust

(5 Posts)
Racheyg Mon 26-Oct-15 21:02:26

ds2 is 22 weeks (bf) and I got asked when was I planning on weaning. DS1 was weaned at 26 weeks as good pincer grip, lost tongue thrust and could support himself. Ds2 hasnt any of this yet, so I was thinking of waiting past 26 weeks if need.

is this the norm if your babies dont have the weaning "requirements" I also want to carry on bf so iam guessing that i continue on demand feeding while weaning?

Twistedheartache Mon 26-Oct-15 21:04:58

I waited - on gut instinct not anything scientific
DD1 weaned at 5.5 months - guessed she was ready when she helped herself to cucumber off of my plate.
Dd2 was between 6 & 7 months precisely due to tongue thrust.

Racheyg Mon 26-Oct-15 21:25:54

thanks twisted. did you do baby led weaning? i did mixed with ds1 but considering full on baby led weaning.

Emus Mon 26-Oct-15 21:29:52

I am waiting until ds2 looses the tongue thrust too. Whenever that may be, I'm not in a hurry!

Twistedheartache Mon 26-Oct-15 22:15:27

To the blw purists no, but I pureed v little & when I did it was still lumpy from the beginning and mostly gave her what we were eating albeit modified and let her have a loaded spoon to "feed herself" more than I fed her myself.
Tbh I don't have the patience for full on blw - I wanted to get her up and running.
She's just about to turn 1 & is a brilliant eater. It may not last DD1 was the same and seems to be getting fussier by the week rising 5.
I would do what makes your life easy & you're comfortable with

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now