Talk

Advanced search

antilop highchair

(31 Posts)
babyrose Wed 24-Nov-10 14:17:32

does anyone know if this chair is good?

Rhian82 Wed 24-Nov-10 14:25:01

Ooh it's brilliant. We bought it as a secondary high chair to put in the kitchen so DS could be safe watching DH cook, but it quickly became the main chair. Cheap, easy to put up, easy to transport, easy to clean.

We didn't get the table part though, just pull it close to the proper dining table and DS eats with the rest of us. He's 2 now and we still use it every day.

AddictedtoCheese Wed 24-Nov-10 14:25:14

It is fab. Don't even think about spending £120 on one of those huge padded monstrosities that M&P peddle.

Take the tray off and stick it in the dishwasher once in a while and stick the straps in the washing machine - joy!

I love it grin

SoLongAsItsHealthy Wed 24-Nov-10 14:28:26

I've got it, have been using it for a month now and am really glad I went for it and saved myself a fortune into the bargain. I run a Dettol wipe over it every night. We got the inflatable cushion but if your baby is fairly solid, you shouldn't need it. DS pulls it out and throws it on the floors most of the time.

bluecardi Wed 24-Nov-10 14:40:34

It's really easy & quick to clean. When dd was first in it I used the head hugger from her maxi cosi as a back cushion

happygilmore Wed 24-Nov-10 17:06:28

brilliant and so easy to clean, we've not been using it long but love it.

pigleychez Wed 24-Nov-10 17:10:28

We were recommended this after complaining to my friend about cleaning my giant M&P one.
Its fab! So easy to clean and can just get chucked in the dishwasher.

Easy to take with you when visting friends and family as the legs come off making it very small and easy to chuck in the car boot.

DD2 has just started weaning and has one too.
Cant recommend it enough.

Rhian82 Wed 24-Nov-10 17:35:28

Yeah the portability thing was a big deal for us as our family is far away so we tend to visit for a week at a time – but not often enough to justify them buying additional chairs. Our old high chair took up the whole boot!

TrinityMotherOfRhinos Wed 24-Nov-10 17:36:37

oh yes, it is fab
totally

AngelDog Wed 24-Nov-10 20:19:00

Definitely. I have friends who spent £70-80 on lovely highchairs who say they wished they'd bought the Antilop instead.

angfirsttimer Wed 24-Nov-10 20:59:57

Yep, love it!

Easy to clean, portable and £15 whats not to like??!!

RhinestoneCowgirl Wed 24-Nov-10 21:03:33

We got it for 2nd child after discovering that the horrible padded one we had first time round had gone mouldy in the loft. It is great, and cheap!

PuraVida Wed 24-Nov-10 21:03:57

I've got one and a Tripp trapp. We keep getting out the Tripp trapp for about 2 days, finding Ds escapes from it and fusses so we go back to the antilop time and time again. Dh wants to sell the bloody Tripp trapp and I can't argue. He's got a point

BikeRunSki Wed 24-Nov-10 21:20:57

It's fab. We have 2 - one at mum's, one at home.

blondiemommy Wed 24-Nov-10 21:25:19

Buy one, you will not be dissapointed!

scotlass Wed 24-Nov-10 21:25:43

we've got one

The 110 quid highchair is languishing in the garage.

Really easy to clean and contains my houdini

greenlotus Wed 24-Nov-10 21:27:59

It's the business.

A folded towel makes a good (washable) cushion when they are very small.

PuraVida, your Tripp trapp will come into its own in about a year so hang onto it.

SparklyJules Wed 24-Nov-10 21:29:20

Fab fab fab! My DS had a red one to coordinate with our kitchen!

Seriously, they totally outstrip every other chair on the market imo.

OhBuggerandArse Wed 24-Nov-10 21:29:21

You can get jolly red (& blue) ones now. Even better!

Siamesecatwoman Wed 24-Nov-10 21:30:09

Get it, is fab! Buying a second for GP's this xmas

RonWeasly Wed 24-Nov-10 21:31:12

Amazing!

Check stock levels before you go to ikea though because they are often sold out.

Sugarmuppet Wed 24-Nov-10 21:31:54

Really really really great. Only high chair that my DD would sit happily in when we started weaning. She was only nearly 10lb at 6 months and fitted great with the inflatable insert.

umf Wed 24-Nov-10 21:38:27

Loveitloveitloveit.

LadyCressida Mon 29-Nov-10 11:22:14

It's great!! Cheap, easy to clean with no horrible cracks for manky food to get stuck in, and very light and portable.

Best value for money purchase out of all of the things I bought for DD!

(I also bought a 69p cushion insert from IKEA which I put behind her because she's so little.)

mamaloco Mon 29-Nov-10 11:29:54

It is also practically impossible to tip it (I had a heavy climber 1st time around) or to push it backward by pushing on the table. Best I have seen/used and at that price don't ask yourself to much question...
I even bought one second hand for DD2 (still looks like new!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: