Where to find a cottage (dog friendly)?

(12 Posts)
Bookaholic73 Mon 20-May-19 14:15:24

I’m going to take my fiancé away for a few nights in August as it’s his birthday.
I didn’t think I was asking for much...but apparently I am!

I want a nice small cottage, dog friendly, no neighbours and with a fully enclosed garden for the dogs.

Budget of about £100 a night.

OP’s posts: |
Lovetunnocks Mon 20-May-19 14:17:22

Where?

HerSymphonyAndSong Mon 20-May-19 14:21:15

I think your no neighbours requirement is more restrictive than dog friendly requirement. There are whole websites dedicated to dog friendly holiday homes and it is a common search feature

Lovetunnocks Mon 20-May-19 14:28:23

Have you tried any of these links? Googling 'dog friendly cottage with enclosed garden' throws up an astonishing amount of results!

www.qualitycottages.co.uk/features/dog-friendly-enclosed-garden?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoq7Ty5qq4gIVjZXtCh3vWQbAEAAYAiAAEgLiWfD_BwE

www.ruralretreats.co.uk/holiday-cottages-enclosed-garden?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoq7Ty5qq4gIVjZXtCh3vWQbAEAAYBCAAEgI2b_D_BwE

www.caninecottages.co.uk/cottages-with-enclosed-gardens

www.originalcottages.co.uk/dog-friendly/enclosed-gardens

Bookaholic73 Mon 20-May-19 14:40:42

I think I’m being too picky hmm
Area, anywhere south of Birmingham.
It’s the fully enclosed garden I see to have an issue with! I’ll take a look at those links love thank you.

puckingfixies Mon 20-May-19 14:47:20

www.facebook.com/groups/HolidaysDirectIncludingDogFriendly/

The above is a link to a facebook page with 100s of dog friendly holiday cottages in the uk, all can be booked directly with the owner - saving more than 15% booking fees usually charged by online travel agencies (HomeAway, Trip Advisor, Airbnb, etc.)

Bookaholic73 Mon 20-May-19 16:22:59

Thanks pucking

Villanellesproudmum Mon 20-May-19 16:25:54

There are loads of sites dedicated to dog friendly cottages, including the usual Booking.com, through to Sykes, national trust and dedicated websites.

stucknoue Mon 20-May-19 16:28:33

We've stayed in many but they tend to be in national parks. Enclosed gardens are the norm, just never stayed south of Birmingham (except Cornwall and Pembrokeshire)

mummymeister Mon 20-May-19 16:53:07

Your biggest problem is going to find anyone willing to let for a few nights in the middle of August - the peak of the peak of school holidays. there are lots of facebook groups that you can post your requirement on and then cottage owners reply. worth a try.

Bookaholic73 Mon 20-May-19 19:06:27

mummy having done some more research, you are right, it’s normally a minimum of 3 nights stay.

FreeFreesia Wed 22-May-19 14:31:42

Go north it's far more dog friendly eg dogs allowed on beach year round.
www.northumbrian-cottages.info/northumberland-coast/bamburgh-holy-island-area/bluebell-farm-cottages-farne-cottage-cc313026?adult=2&pets=1&nights=3&range=3&start=30-8-2019&bedrooms=1

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in