Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a health spa within an hour of Manchester?

(12 Posts)
dyzzidi Sat 30-Jun-07 23:15:24

I have just found out DH is apparently going on a boys weekend for the second time this year. This is as yet unconfirmed but I have decided if he is going to go I would like to go to a health spa. I will be going by myself for a relax and a pamper does anyone have anywhere to recommend?

TIA

di

dyzzidi Sun 01-Jul-07 09:40:47

bump

lulumama Sun 01-Jul-07 10:06:39

there is a nice day spa in Southport, called Portland hall.... you can have an all day thing there with a beautiful lunch

they have a gorgeous room with a mahoosive hot tub , with twinkly lights and things

it is sort of a moroccan theme , very nice

lulumama Sun 01-Jul-07 10:07:38

here is their website

dyzzidi Sun 01-Jul-07 19:54:33

That looks great but i really wanted and overnight stay and just as important breakfast in bed at a reasonable hour!

Anyone else know anywhere?

lulumama Sun 01-Jul-07 19:56:56

sorry, didn;t realise you wanted a stay over !

musicianswidowAKAmumofmonsters Sun 01-Jul-07 19:58:46

some friends of mine have just spent the night at the last drop inn inbolton.will google for their website, hang on a sec ( i think its a health spa type place)

musicianswidowAKAmumofmonsters Sun 01-Jul-07 20:02:01

this is the best i can find i am afraid!

Tiggly Sun 01-Jul-07 20:04:04

The Marriott hotel close to Manchester airport is excellent, and quite reasonable too.

lilolilmanchester Mon 02-Jul-07 10:36:19

bumping for more ideas cos also interested

musicianswidowAKAmumofmonsters Mon 02-Jul-07 10:37:43

just remembered the village hotel in cheadle (opposite bruntwood park if you know that area at all)

Hattiecat Mon 02-Jul-07 10:52:05

i went to this one with my mum this year and it was really lovely - its called Old Hall and is in Mobberley a pretty little Cheshire village

http://www.oldhallcountryclub.com/mobberley/index.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now