Talk

Advanced search

Most reliable week for a UK holiday?

(10 Posts)
sniffle12 Tue 04-Apr-17 23:08:15

We're planning a week away any time from late May onwards and love walking and the outdoors, so want to pick a week that will be (as far as can be in Britain) fairly reliable...

From anecdotal experience, June seems to be one of the mildest months of the year - is that your impression too? Anybody found a sure bet week of the year for a holiday? Haha

Iamastonished Tue 04-Apr-17 23:20:11

I often find June disappointingly cool and wet. We live in Yorkshire and find July more reliable.

My cousin lives in Cornwall and says that June is the best time of year to visit - warmer weather without the crowds.

MsGameandWatch Tue 04-Apr-17 23:23:41

First or second week of September. Never had bad weather when away during that time.

mummymeister Wed 05-Apr-17 14:38:40

if you are going on holiday outside of school holidays - so avoiding the 26th May to 5th June then you pretty much should be able to pick up somewhere last minute and then you can pick when you go by looking at the long range forecasts. this is what we used to do before kids.

Logolphin Thu 06-Apr-17 20:49:48

Last week of term is always lovely, following six weeks not so much so...

juneau Thu 06-Apr-17 20:50:51

I always think Sept is more settled than the early part of the summer. When the kids go back to school it's usually lovely!

AnyFucker Thu 06-Apr-17 20:52:15

The first week the kids go back to school in September !

Last week of May

MrsJayy Thu 06-Apr-17 20:56:26

It used to bea few weeks before end of term here it is end of june but it depends where you are going tbh

MrsJayy Thu 06-Apr-17 20:57:52

I recommended friends came to Scotland early june it rained for a blooming week

FiveGoMadInDorset Thu 06-Apr-17 20:59:00

Early September

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now