Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a naice beach in South Wales? Dog friendly

(11 Posts)
ChrissieLatham Sun 07-Aug-16 23:59:45

Would ideally like a nice sandy beach, maybe some rock pools also if not expecting too much! Heard Porthcawl is nice.

MissBattleaxe Mon 08-Aug-16 00:10:24

Jackson bay is next to Barry Island and is dog friendly. Rest bay in Porthcawl is nice. Llantwit Major has great rockpools. There's also the amazing Gower peninsula.

MrsToddsShortcut Mon 08-Aug-16 00:40:35

Tenby in Pembrokeshire is gorgeous - lovely Victorian seaside town with beautiful sandy beaches and loads of rock pools. Also, for somewhere slightly wilder, Cefn Sidan (now part of Pembrey Country Park). Six miles of golden sands, loads of forestry behind it, lovely dunes, cycling, hiking, horse riding, it's heavenly. Actually anywhere on the Gower is lovely.

ChrissieLatham Mon 08-Aug-16 09:14:28

Thanks for your replies. I've never been to any Welsh beaches but have heard lots of good things about them and they aren't actually too far from me. Will check out your suggestions smile

Stiddleficks Mon 08-Aug-16 09:17:14

The main beaches in Porthcawl don't allow dogs, I think it's only newton that is dog friendly during the summer bug that's a lovely beach and you've got the dunes behind it. Can walk to Ogmore from there too.

ChrissieLatham Tue 09-Aug-16 08:33:31

Thanks stiddleficks, that's good to know. Love sand dunes!

IAimToMisbehave Tue 09-Aug-16 08:51:19

Gower peninsula. Lots of em.

NicknameUsed Wed 10-Aug-16 20:13:32

I think you can safely say that any beach within easy access of a resort will ban dogs in the summer months, so that will rule Tenby out.

Cheguevarahamster Wed 10-Aug-16 20:21:35

Tenby does allow dogs on the south beach with some restrictions. www.tenbyvisitorguide.co.uk/Dogs/dogs-on-the-beach.html

BestIsWest Wed 10-Aug-16 20:27:00

Gower dog friendly beaches.

Rhosilli, Llangennith, Oxwich, all fantastic.

MercuryRising Mon 15-Aug-16 21:40:32

Rhossili is beautiful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now