York B&b recommendations please!

(9 Posts)
Mandy21 Fri 01-Jul-11 21:45:53

Have the possibility of a child free night so thinking of reliving our student days in York. Can anyone suggest any nice B&Bs? Cheap and cheerful is Ok, would prefer modern / minimal than chintzy but as long as it's clean, quiet, centrally located and has a double bed and ensuite, I'm quite easily pleased.

Many thanks

OP’s posts: |
Mandy21 Thu 07-Jul-11 08:32:07

Any tips?? Pleaaassse smile

clottedcream Thu 07-Jul-11 09:31:03

there are no real central B&B's. We went at Easter and I booked the Premier Inn on South Street (not North Street) and it was brand new, lovely bar, fantastic breakfast...paid £60 per night...5 mins walk under the arches into York.

Wouldnt go anywhere else from now on!

LawrieMarlow Thu 07-Jul-11 09:33:30

I stayed in a place just off Bootham when I came up here to do school and house investigating before we moved - will try and find it.

You could always really relive the student experience and get a room on campus - think they do have double rooms, although of course not central smile

Concordia Thu 07-Jul-11 09:33:56

i know of somewhere on the river about 5 mins walk from the centre. i'll try to find you a link

LawrieMarlow Thu 07-Jul-11 09:39:49

This is where I stayed. It's on Bootham Crescent and a short walk into the middle of York. Single room for me was £35 and looking on their booking part there are double ensuites for £60.

Or here's the campus B&B page smile

Concordia Thu 07-Jul-11 11:18:38

www.riversidewalkyork.com

Concordia Thu 07-Jul-11 11:20:58

it says its 10 mins to the minster but the decor is modern and they have ensuites. think they also do tapas/

Mandy21 Thu 07-Jul-11 12:47:02

Thanks all, will get googling smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in