Talk

Advanced search

York B&b recommendations please!

(9 Posts)
Mandy21 Fri 01-Jul-11 21:45:53

Have the possibility of a child free night so thinking of reliving our student days in York. Can anyone suggest any nice B&Bs? Cheap and cheerful is Ok, would prefer modern / minimal than chintzy but as long as it's clean, quiet, centrally located and has a double bed and ensuite, I'm quite easily pleased.

Many thanks

Mandy21 Thu 07-Jul-11 08:32:07

Any tips?? Pleaaassse smile

clottedcream Thu 07-Jul-11 09:31:03

there are no real central B&B's. We went at Easter and I booked the Premier Inn on South Street (not North Street) and it was brand new, lovely bar, fantastic breakfast...paid £60 per night...5 mins walk under the arches into York.

Wouldnt go anywhere else from now on!

LawrieMarlow Thu 07-Jul-11 09:33:30

I stayed in a place just off Bootham when I came up here to do school and house investigating before we moved - will try and find it.

You could always really relive the student experience and get a room on campus - think they do have double rooms, although of course not central smile

Concordia Thu 07-Jul-11 09:33:56

i know of somewhere on the river about 5 mins walk from the centre. i'll try to find you a link

LawrieMarlow Thu 07-Jul-11 09:39:49

This is where I stayed. It's on Bootham Crescent and a short walk into the middle of York. Single room for me was £35 and looking on their booking part there are double ensuites for £60.

Or here's the campus B&B page smile

Concordia Thu 07-Jul-11 11:18:38

www.riversidewalkyork.com

Concordia Thu 07-Jul-11 11:20:58

it says its 10 mins to the minster but the decor is modern and they have ensuites. think they also do tapas/

Mandy21 Thu 07-Jul-11 12:47:02

Thanks all, will get googling smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now