Talk

Advanced search

11+ Home Tuition

(10 Posts)
sandra4692 Mon 11-Feb-19 17:54:35

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

spinabifidamom Sat 09-Feb-19 01:17:53

CGP books are amazing. My family use a lot of them. You can buy them directly through the website or Amazon or in the shops as well.

Talk with the teacher. They might also be able to recommend suitable resources to use at home. We’ve also downloaded exam papers online to use to check understanding and consolidate gaps in skills.

andmypointis Thu 07-Feb-19 08:13:48

@WWYD2016 just found a new kid's reading book which is for the 11+ has all the words defined for the children on the bottom of each page. I got it from Amazon called, Tangled Time. Has a round 11+ badge on the front. Doesn't look like a normal 11+ book more like a novel.

andmypointis Mon 21-Jan-19 14:29:16

@WWYD2016 like is mentioned above, I also bought the wrong books initially and didn't realise. The exam boards are usually CEM or GL assessment but check the school's websites to be sure.

Notthebloodymustardcushion Sat 19-Jan-19 19:02:03

Find out what papers your intended school or grammar area recommend/use, as the books might teach different technique that is not necessary/specific for your area. We wasted time initially on the wrong type!! blush

rosesinmygarden Sat 19-Jan-19 17:44:02

www.11plus.co.uk

Is good too, you can sign up for a free account and get access to online practice with their games and question shuffle function.

rosesinmygarden Sat 19-Jan-19 17:42:45

CGP books are excellent. I'm an 11+ tutor and use lots of CGP stuff, and more recently Schofield and Simms Rapid tests which I personally think offer more challenge.

April2020mom Sat 12-Jan-19 21:15:15

I particularly like the Bond books. They are good for primary school children. You can find them in the shops or online.

saz85 Sat 12-Jan-19 19:15:24

The Bond books are very good - especially the 10 minute tests. You can buy them at the correct age level and work through them e.g. 8-9, 9-10 so they are at the right level.

WWYD2016 Mon 07-Jan-19 14:40:32

Hello.

Can anyone recommend the best home tutoring 11+ verbal, non-verbal, maths and english practise books please?

If there is a website you'd recommend, then please do let me know.

Thanking you in advance.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »