Talk

Advanced search

Playmobil Advent Calendars - any good?

(20 Posts)
TwoPersephone Wed 16-Sep-09 12:25:15

Are the Playmobil Advent Calendars any good? They look quite expensive but really nice.

TheBalladofGayTony Wed 16-Sep-09 12:26:37

dd has loved hers. we have 2 and bring them out on alternate years.

IdrisTheDragon Wed 16-Sep-09 12:26:47

They are lovely smile

millenniumfalcon Wed 16-Sep-09 12:26:49

i love em. you can usually get last years (new, not opened!) on ebay cheaper than the current one in hte shops.

TwoPersephone Wed 16-Sep-09 12:35:43

O you can re-use them? I hadnt thought of that! Makes it a good buy then doesnt it!

lucykate Wed 16-Sep-09 12:37:08

they are fab. we will be on our 4th year with the same one this christmas. the dc's love it. we only have 1, so they take it in turns to open each box.

TwoPersephone Wed 16-Sep-09 14:13:43

Do they have windows you open like the traditional ones or do you get the objects in a bag and have to add them to a scene each day?

belgo Wed 16-Sep-09 14:17:59

You have to assemble it beforehand, putting all the little figures into a paper box for each day. The boxes then slot into a cardboard picture.

There is also a cardboard scene, and each day you add the new figure to that.

Agree, look for a cheaper one form a few years ago.

StayFrosty Wed 16-Sep-09 14:20:13

They are fab. Ours was new last year, but my mum and dad have been using the same one for about 4 years now.

inchhighprivateeye Fri 18-Sep-09 19:58:08

I think ours in on about its 4th year too, though bits are starting to escape. Last year I bought my own, which DC are not to touch, though they can wonder at its marvels and bring me the box to open each morning.

dreamygirl Sat 03-Oct-09 15:46:05

Having read this thread I have bought one as they sounded so good! I shopped around a bit online and the cheapest I found are here. Obviously if you bid on ebay you might get one cheaper but it was cheaper than any of the Buy It Nows. They have quite a good range of all sorts of Playmobil as well, have bought some fairies cheaply to put on DD2's birthday castle cake.

MintyCane Sat 03-Oct-09 15:51:05

very lovely.

posey Sat 03-Oct-09 15:51:43

We've had the same one for about 8 years now and dd (12) still loves it! Says Christmas wouldn't be the same without it!
Last year we bought another one, and have 2 together. They make a nice display smile

belgo Sat 03-Oct-09 15:59:55

Dreamy - I have two of those calenders, they are lovely, and cheaper on the continent, I think I paid 10-15 euros. 11 pounds is a good price.

sweetkitty Sat 03-Oct-09 16:18:29

these look great

Doesn't it mean that the playmobil doesn't get played with if it is packed away after Christmas? They look great but i'm not sure DD's would want me to put the toys away!

belgo Sat 03-Oct-09 17:06:07

I've put some of the playmobil away - the Father Christmas figure and reindeer for example - but the rest I've just added to their playmobil box.

The playmobil nativity set is lovely, so are the three kings.

mustrunmore Sat 03-Oct-09 17:13:11

We got one half price in the John Lewis sale, and kept it for the following year. They loved it! Although some days it was a eally good piece and other days it was a tiny flower or something and ds2 was a bit hmm

tinkisthrillerthrillernight Sun 08-Nov-09 11:08:49

excellent d1 had one last year when 3 and has a different one this year got on ebay

CaliforniaDreams Mon 09-Nov-09 23:34:14

We've had the same one for about ten years now, it's a scene of angels preparing a feast and all the children love it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now