are smart trikes any good

(4 Posts)
jas781972 Mon 01-Feb-16 22:40:07

See so many of these on second hand sites but rarely any out and about. Are these worth having? Not sure if they are really that easy to pop in the boot of the car as an occasional change to the pushchair in the summer ? Are they easy to steer? Don't want to shell out if it's going to end up in the shed? Advice please!

IntelligentPutty Thu 04-Feb-16 07:27:36

I rarely see them out as well.. I thought would be good for walks out.. but once thinking about the space in the car etc it does not seem worth it..

I considered buying one for many months but ended up with a mini-micro.. (sit on which converts to scooter) I can;t steer it but it feels a bit more "future proof".. Its a winner so far!

Allyoucaneat Thu 04-Feb-16 07:43:43

We have one, DS2 got it about 9months old, ds1 had one too.

We use it for local walks to the park, school run etc. It doesn't fit it in our car so no taking it anywhere else. Not good in bad weather as it's too exposed but great in the summer. Also great for the in between stage where you don't need a pushchair all the time but they get tired walking.

The steering on the smart trike ones are good, patented 'light touch' steering but on cheaper versions it is truly rubbish.

poocatcherchampion Thu 04-Feb-16 07:47:36

In the olden days before I knew of mumsnet I was on another forum with groups by due month. It seemed like every single person bought one of these as a riteof passage, much like you move from moses to cot.

Ive only ever seen about 3 in real life. I figure these people are on that forum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now