Talk

Advanced search

Traditional dolls house or Sylvanian windmill?

(8 Posts)
oneofsuesylvesterscheerios Fri 30-Sep-11 20:56:34

dd2 (6 next week) had decided she was going to ask Santa for a dolls house so I thought I'd spend from now til Christmas collecting little things for the house.

Today, suddenly, she has changed her mind and days she's going to ask for the Sylvanian families windmill instead.

I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed! Will the windmill be all plasticky and not worth the money or shall I just go for what she wants (today hmm) ?

shitmagnet Sat 01-Oct-11 00:08:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

oneofsuesylvesterscheerios Sat 01-Oct-11 09:09:28

There are a couple of windmills aren't there? Which one has your ds asked for?

shitmagnet Sat 01-Oct-11 11:21:18

Marne Sat 01-Oct-11 20:17:18

I have got dd2 the watermill for christmas (managed to get it 2nd hand but boxed), we have an old windmill and its not that good (not enough room for the good furniture to fit in).

CaptainNancy Tue 04-Oct-11 00:25:26

The windmill is lovely (saw at a friend's house)- I like the observatory at the top.
It is on offer in John Lewis at the moment too (I think £15 off, so not to be sniffed at)

KatharineClifton Tue 04-Oct-11 00:37:50

I got the windmill for my kids. I always coveted Sylvanian as a child but never got any. Predictably I think it's marvellous - observatory is fab smile It's been played with half a dozen times at most though. A dolls house is better for putting stuff in and 'playing house' so to speak as it'll be bigger.

shitmagnet Wed 05-Oct-11 06:05:11

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now