Talk

Advanced search

Just had my first proper lesson. Why didn't I start riding years ago ?

(7 Posts)
CMOTdibbler Mon 26-Oct-09 14:16:03

DS still having a wonderful time riding btw. He got double bubble this weekend as had lesson on Sat, and a playdate with nursery friend who has ponies on Sun (v small and woolly shetlands - they looked so funny side by side)

I skived off work this morning (I work from home, and was away all last week so can have the time back), and had a one to one lesson.
Obv quite different to the group lessons/hacks I've done before. At least my good points outweighed my bad ones blush

And I thought, why didn't I start riding years ago ? Can't quite work it out tbh, as I'm enjoying it so much.

skihorse Mon 26-Oct-09 15:06:00

Welcome. I stopped riding at 15 and was 28 before I started riding again properly - I don't understand how I managed to stay away so many years - but so glad I found my way back! grin

How long is it going to be before you find yourself drooling over the pages in H&H and thinking "I'll just go and have a lool"... ?

MitchyInge Mon 26-Oct-09 15:50:45

life gets in the way sometimes doesn't it, or you forget that it is actually doable - I used to ride a lot as a child but by early teens I'd all but forgotten about horses

then a couple of years ago someone bought me some riding lessons for my birthday and within a couple of weeks I had a horse on loan and woosh, I was sucked straight back in

and now we have two!

anyway, am going to sit with ski in the 'how long before CMOT gets a pony' corner grin

CMOTdibbler Mon 26-Oct-09 16:19:18

Thing is, I never had lessons as a child either, so not like I'm going back to it.

Getting a pony is a v long way off - time is an issue here, esp as it would be a drive anywhere to keep one. But I may just have been looking at the local college 'basic horse care' course dates. Y'know - just to know whats what.

skihorse Mon 26-Oct-09 17:56:59

Mitchy I know what you mean, it was that fast for me too. I had to stop when I was 15 because I hurt my back, 6 months turned in to a year... blah blah. At 28 a friend offered me a free ticket to a showjumping tournament - I ended up in the stalls buying gear, booked a lesson the following week... booked a trail ride in the Canadian rockies, came home, bought a horse, bought a house with a paddock... blush

MitchyInge Mon 26-Oct-09 18:50:01

I want the house with the paddock(s) next. Need to walk a LOT of dogs for that though!

MitchyInge Tue 27-Oct-09 07:12:51

PS CMOT - good luck at college too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now