Talk

Advanced search

OMG I am back in the saddle for the first time since the DCs were born....

(7 Posts)
CarrieOakey Mon 18-Jul-11 21:36:30

.....and I'm feeling a bit nervous and a bit excited!!! DD rides every week and tonight after watching her I thought I would just go for it and book a lesson! wish me luck smile

annieapple7 Mon 18-Jul-11 22:12:41

Good luck! I am sure you will find your riding legs straight away! I find I enjoy riding more than ever since having the DCs as it is so delightful to snatch a bit of peaceful time and have the odd adrenalin thrill too.

BathildaSaggshot Mon 18-Jul-11 23:13:01

You go! grin I hope you have a good ride. smile

Donki Mon 18-Jul-11 23:18:30

I hope you are not too sore afterwards....

Amieesmum Tue 19-Jul-11 09:37:44

grin Enjoy! Hope you don't ache too much after x

Poledra Mon 25-Jul-11 14:08:45

Oh oh oh me too! I was just coming to start a thread like this. Took 7-yo DD1 for her first walk-out 4 weeks ago, and she loved it. So went back a fortnight ago, she went out and I had a private lesson. Jesus god but my legs hurt afterwards. For about a week. grin Went back yesterday, it was sooo much better - am not aware of anty real aches and pains today. Mu instructir reckons the aches from the previous lesson were because I was so bloody tense, and he could already see a huge change in my posture this time.

It was a massive psychological barrier to get over, but it was great. It's been 8 years.....

Booboostoo Tue 26-Jul-11 12:37:49

Me too! I popped on my quiet cob yesterday for a potter in the school 8 weeks post c-section and so far so good! I am feeling a bit of muscle soreness in my inner thighs, but my abdominals are fine. It's going to be a long road to full fitness though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now