Talk

Advanced search

Wish me luck!

(16 Posts)
olderyetwider Fri 14-Jan-11 22:26:24

I'm going to try the Fell mare tomorrow. I've known her and her owner for over a year, she lives on our current yard, cdefinitely sound, nice pony, and both current horses get on with her. If I enjoy riding her I'm going to have her on loan with view to buy till end of month.

Am excited!

Pixel Fri 14-Jan-11 22:42:37

Oh lovely! I will go so far as to say congratulations since you already sound like you've made up your mind. I think fells are beautiful. smile

olderyetwider Fri 14-Jan-11 22:43:58

I have a bit made up my mind, unless she tries to kill me or something tomorrow!

CMOTdibbler Fri 14-Jan-11 22:45:25

Good luck - she sounds lovely

Pixel Fri 14-Jan-11 22:48:25

Lol. Perhaps I shouldn't mention this (but I will), but I tried out a little cob and he was brill. I went to try him a second time, being all sensible-like (didn't really think it was necessary, I had my cheque book for the deposit), THEN he tried to kill me!

They never try to kill you on a first date ride you know.grin

olderyetwider Fri 14-Jan-11 22:53:07

Am only planning coffee, and possibly light lunch on this date. (otherwise known as ploddy hack) Will hopefully survive, to be killed as soon as paid full price!

ManateeEquineOhara Fri 14-Jan-11 23:10:42

Ooh, Fells are gorgeous!!! Good luck!!!

LovePinkBitsOfMyHorse Sat 15-Jan-11 10:23:18

'They never try to kill you on a first date ride you know.'

that's not true! I often wonder if I'd love him as much if I hadn't fallen off on our first date.

love love love fells, only because they are slightly hairier than me - have fun and don't forget to report back!

olderyetwider Sat 15-Jan-11 18:07:17

Raise a glass, all in the tack room, she's perfect and I'm having her! (as long as she's the same when I ride her again next Saturday) Loads of things to spook at, very windy, and she was sooo lovely and sensible. I'm going to love her!

Pixel Sat 15-Jan-11 18:46:21

Ooh you lucky thing, she does sound perfect. I'm so pleased for you.smile

ManateeEquineOhara Sat 15-Jan-11 19:19:04

Yay! This is exciting!!! Glad it went so well :D

LovePinkBitsOfMyHorse Sat 15-Jan-11 20:40:05

congratulations

Loshad Sat 15-Jan-11 21:09:55

good stuff, pleased it was a successful visit

olderyetwider Sat 15-Jan-11 22:03:17

I might even have a little canter next week (wishing for some of pinky's gung-ho!)

snorris Sat 15-Jan-11 22:16:49

Ooh! Fells are so much fun - well mine is grin. Any idea of her bloodlines? <<nosey>> blush

olderyetwider Sun 16-Jan-11 19:57:56

Don't think she has much 'proper' bloodline, as she has a blaze, she's just a really nice little happy hacker, who'll do a bit more if you want, which is perfect for an old granny like me

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: