Talk

Advanced search

So worried about return

(4 Posts)
dopsydo Wed 14-Feb-18 09:53:20

Due back to work next week after 10 months maternity leave. DS is 9.5 months old and a pretty good little boy: sleeps through the night with the occasional wake up and will be looked after full time by either DH or DM, depending on DH's shifts.

I feel like I have everything 'sorted' but I am absolutely petrified about going back. Just before I left. I was promoted to 'extended' SLT so I'll also be starting a COMPLETELY new job: was pastoral before, now highest in my school in curriculum for my subject.

Has anyone experienced similar and can give me some pointers/ tips?

Very marking heavy subject btw.

Thanks!

grammargirl Wed 14-Feb-18 16:35:00

Hopeful bump!

juliej00ls Wed 14-Feb-18 20:44:29

It will be fine. It is a big adjustment but you have good support from family. Good luck x

Pebbleinthesand Sun 04-Mar-18 22:10:45

I know this post is a few weeks old now but just wondering how it's going now you're back (if you're back yet) as I'm about to go back myself after 10 months off. Something I used to do every day suddenly seems like such and big deal and I keep slipping between being incredibly anxious about it and being excited to get stuck back in.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: