Talk

Advanced search

Professional Skills test

(9 Posts)
Snape Mon 12-Feb-18 16:59:24

So it was announced today that you will have unlimited chances to pass the professional skills test, with 3 free tries before you are charged. Those previously "locked out" are now free to try again, as someone preparing to take these tests I have to admit I am relived.

priority9 Mon 12-Feb-18 17:02:24

I don't agree with this. You already get three chances.
They're not that difficult. People shouldn't be teachers if they can't pass one of the first three times. I appreciate there is s teacher crisis but we don't need to devalue the profession further

LucyLastik Mon 12-Feb-18 17:05:58

I would've been teaching 4 years ago had this been introduced then. It wasn't that I was bad at maths, it was more nerves and pressure that made me panic and make silly errors.

I passed both tests first time this time round and am now halfway through my training year.

Scabetty Mon 12-Feb-18 17:06:20

They aren’t hard but the NQT year is.

LucyLastik Mon 12-Feb-18 17:08:59

Also, I failed my last maths test by 1 mark.

steveharley Mon 12-Feb-18 17:29:01

More dumbing down of the profession. We are nearly at the bottom of the slippery slope now.

leccybill Mon 12-Feb-18 17:32:35

Getting increasingly desperate aren't they.

flipperflop Mon 12-Feb-18 17:41:19

I don't understand how anyone could fail these tests? The IT one is a bit weird because it is counter-intuitive and clunky but there are ones to try before you sit the real thing. How can you possibly be a teacher if you can't do basic maths or English? Don't want to sound scathing but the system is a disgrace...

leccybill Mon 12-Feb-18 18:22:30

This is how desperate the situation is getting...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now