Talk

Advanced search

Teachers doing PMRS...

(6 Posts)
PenguinsCantFly Sat 04-Mar-17 07:31:12

So we have recently been asked to do PMRs for support staff in our classes. I always thought that it was the role of a line manager to carry out PMRs but we've been told that we are the line managers for support staff in our class. I contacted the NUT who have said we shouldn't be doing them unless we have a management role or get a TLR. I've got a meeting coming up with SLT about it so would be very interested in any insight anyone else has on situations like this!

noblegiraffe Sat 04-Mar-17 13:45:27

Check your job description? It sounds hideous and I certainly wouldn't be happy to do this without a significant amount of training and some extra money.

If somehow they plough on regardless, make sure you get cover for training and cover to do the reviews.

PenguinsCantFly Sat 04-Mar-17 14:39:40

Thanks noblegiraffe - good idea, will dig out my job description. In the Teaching Standards it says that we should contribute to TA performance management, and it seems that this is what SLT are using as their argument. Staff have been given training but no proper plans in place for cover...

PenguinsCantFly Sat 04-Mar-17 14:40:38

Should add, staff were given training last year but we've got lots of new staff/NQTs that missed it.

noblegiraffe Sat 04-Mar-17 16:50:07

Contribute towards isn't the same as line manage. SLT are taking the piss! Compare it to what it says heads should be doing and there is a clear difference in wording.

PenguinsCantFly Sat 04-Mar-17 17:29:40

That's really helpful - thanks! Will share the difference in wording with them smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now