Talk

Advanced search

Wwd

(10 Posts)
RebelRogue Sat 17-Dec-16 14:24:45

If a kid asked you specifically for "just a small toy because that's allowed" what would you do?
Background ...kid has social issues,some behavioural ones, bad behaviour in playground,refusal to do work etc.,but we seem to have developed a bond and some things (work quality in particular) have improved. Trying to keep it short,as otherwise i'd be writing a small saga. I'd like to add that when i had a chat with pastoral care they told me they've tried everything,so if i want to try as well knock myself out and do whatever ,but no idea if this would be frowned upon,or if such a request should even be answered.

PotteringAlong Sat 17-Dec-16 14:26:49

So I child you teach has asked you to buy them a present at Christmas?

I wouldn't buy one, no.

cherrycrumblecustard Sat 17-Dec-16 14:28:21

No, no definitely not.

Wolfiefan Sat 17-Dec-16 14:30:21

To bring a toy into school?

RebelRogue Sat 17-Dec-16 14:33:03

Wolfie a toy just for him that he can take home. I guess he does see it as an xmas present though he didn't refer to it as such. If it was smth to bring in the class/for the class i wouldn't worry as i've done before with things like books,games etc.

Wolfiefan Sat 17-Dec-16 14:34:04

You can't buy a toy for one child in your class. That is completely overstepping the bounds of what is professional.

RebelRogue Sat 17-Dec-16 14:34:41

Fair enough. Did think it was iffy so thought i'd check. Thank you.

SapphireBird Sat 17-Dec-16 19:33:37

If you are going down this route, you need to buy something for everyone so he is not singled out and it's not all about him. Everyone or no one.

ellanutella8 Sun 18-Dec-16 11:34:13

I am intrigued by responses.
I wouldn't buy an individual child a Christmas present but I often have prizes that can be worked towards or won. Some are whole class but others are for individual improvements in behaviour.

Perhaps I wouldn't in this instance because he has asked for it and it doesn't seem the norm. So he would be getting a present when others aren't.

SuburbanRhonda Sun 18-Dec-16 11:39:36

Surely your school's Code of Conduct policy will tell you what is and isn't allowed if common sense doesn't?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now