Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Leaving gift for staff team

(8 Posts)
spudmasher Sat 22-Nov-14 19:35:56

So, I'm off to a new post in January and I want to thank my amazing team appropriately.
I really don't know what to do, whether to get a joint gift- was thinking tassimo type machine for our fairly non existent staff room, with lots of pods- or individual small gifts- like scented candle, wine or something. There are about 25 staff. My budget is about £75.
What would make you feel appreciated by your departing leader?

Littlefish Sat 22-Nov-14 19:37:15

I think a joint gift is a lovely idea, but with individual notes to them possibly?

makeitabetterplace Sat 22-Nov-14 20:01:29

Definitely coffee machine or cheese toastie maker or waffle makes with packet of mix? Or plug in massage cushion?

spudmasher Sat 22-Nov-14 20:03:33

Thanks ladies! Joint gift it is then. Great ideas makeit.

Littlefish Sat 22-Nov-14 20:24:45

Not a waffle maker. They are a bastard to clean!

Maidupmum Sat 22-Nov-14 20:58:44

I bought a big teapot when I left my last job - we all used to row about whose turn it was to make the tea so it seemed apt wink

FabulousFudge Sun 23-Nov-14 00:47:59

Toaster? I love the coffee machine idea though.

spudmasher Sun 23-Nov-14 08:27:56

I've done a bit of research- Tassimo pod machine reduced to £45 then I will get a bundle of mixed hot drinks for £30. Should keep them going for a while!
I'm going to handmake some thank you cards and write a personal note inside for each person, as Littlefish suggested. Today is the perfect day, as it's tipping down with rain!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now