Advanced search

CRB/DBS - police/security check to teach in England? Can anyone help?

(3 Posts)
barmybunting Tue 22-Oct-13 22:27:53

This will probably sound like a very silly question, but I can't get my head around it. I'll phone the DBS when I get a chance later in the week but just wondered if anyone could help on the off chance?

I'm moving to England from Scotland in a few months. I qualified in Scotland, and have never taught elsewhere. In Scotland, you have to join protection for vunerable group service (wheoever that is) when you register with the GTCS and that sets you up to get your security clearance when you apply for jobs.

However, given the GTCE has been scrapped, I can't work out how this works for England. I've received my QTS number to teach in England, and understand I need a DBS check should I be offered a job.

Can anyone tell me if I need to do anything to register with DBS etc before applying for jobs? Or how this process works once I start applying for roles?


GW297 Wed 23-Oct-13 01:31:06

When you get offered a job you will fill in a DBS form online with your new employer and then get sent a certificate the same as the old CRB. You will still need 2 forms of ID eg passport and recent utility bill. Good luck!

barmybunting Wed 23-Oct-13 07:30:36

Brilliant, thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now