Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Team picking

(12 Posts)
wakeupandsmellthecoffee Sun 14-Oct-12 12:19:16

Ok .Im a TA but help with PE primary. Picking teams is a bloomin nightmare .So now the teacher chooses but how do you do it at the start of lesson.Any ideas .

PhyllisDoris Sun 14-Oct-12 12:26:36

Alphabetical order? First names one day, surnames next, street name, dads name, mums name, by pet ......

HauntedLittleLunatic Sun 14-Oct-12 12:29:08

Anyone with birthday in Jan Feb march etc.

If you work on this table and that table.

wakeupandsmellthecoffee Sun 14-Oct-12 12:35:19

Thank you Great ideas .

EvilTwins Sun 14-Oct-12 14:34:01

I teach drama so lots of group work.

I do...

Get into a line (alphabetical, house number, age, height order etc etc) - good starter activity

Then from that either number them into teams (ie 1, 2, 3, 4 - all the 1s together etc) or split into groups (first 4 together, second 4 together and so on) They quickly get used to it and it stops arguments!

wakeupandsmellthecoffee Sun 14-Oct-12 17:03:46

thank you all so much for ideas. They moan about it being unfair.

Knowsabitabouteducation Sun 14-Oct-12 20:32:27

Teams for what?

WofflingOn Sun 14-Oct-12 20:39:26

Primary PE?
I change criteria regularly including random names on lolly sticks, lining up in register/chronological/height order, letting them get into pairs or threes and then me combining them.
Needs to be fast though.

Panzee Sun 14-Oct-12 20:41:10

I get them to get into groups of whatever it is I need, then tell them to decide who is going to be the apple, banana, orange or grape. (I don't use numbers because the same people decide they will be number 1 and they are always in the same team). I then call forward all the apples for one team, bananas for the next, etc, etc. This is confusing enough so they don't try to fix it. ;)

If I put them in a line they all try to be at the front. grin

wakeupandsmellthecoffee Mon 15-Oct-12 17:07:10

Panzee loving that idea.

wakeupandsmellthecoffee Thu 18-Oct-12 21:27:56

Well we did groups .Group. 1 Mangetout
group 2 Asparagus .Group3 Artechoke .Group4 Spinach. This is Surrey (don't you know ) They still bloody moaned.I give up Lol.

Panzee Fri 19-Oct-12 07:16:25

They always moan. Just ignore. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now