Talk

Advanced search

How did you know you'd found a school you wanted to work in?

(3 Posts)
Tobermory Thu 04-Oct-12 22:59:16

Bit of a back story- I have been teaching for 15 years and worked in 2 schools. Have been at my current place for over 10 shock years and it's time to jump ship.

I went to look round a place today but I'm finding it hard to get any kind of vibe. Having been in one school for so long.... How on earth do I recognise 'a school I want to work at' when I see it?
Does anyone have any top tips?

Did you know when looking round that you'd like to work there?
What put you off?

TwllBach Fri 05-Oct-12 21:16:43

The first school to ever give me a job - the head rang to offer me an interview and spent half an hour pleading with me and telling me how wonderful I was grin

The one I actually work in... Well, they employed me. That was it <desperate>

Felicitywascold Sat 06-Oct-12 18:30:48

The staff- do they look like people you would want to be friends with? People you could laugh with.

Facilities- do you want to work in something that resembles a shed/cave/basement/beautiful modern building.

Kids- what does their uniform look like (meaning how are they wearing it), how much customisation is there/make up/nail varnish etc..

Graffiti/litter/sports fields

Does the Head give a good vibe in the interview. Does he/she LOOK and seem like they are a forceful presence in the school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now